700 Firmware updates for ANC functionality and use

Quiet Contributor

700 Firmware updates for ANC functionality and use

Please may I make a suggestion for the next firmware update for the 700's.

The ANC button, can we press and hold it to turn ANC on and off, instead of just single presses to change from 0, 5 & 10.

Hold it to turn it off entirely. 

Also the option for remember last setting does not work when I turn off ANC. 

Next time I start my headphones ANC is back on - clearly this setting doesnt remember when turning ANC off.

Please fix this 1 point, and add this extra functionality in.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: 700 Firmware updates for ANC functionality and use

Hi N0_Klu3,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

We appreciate the feedback and will forward this onto the relevant teams for you! In regards to the device remembering your last ANC setting I would highly recommend that you ensure that you have this setting enabled inside the Bose Music App via Settings > Noise Cancelling > Remember my last ANC setting > On. If the issue still persists after you have ensured this please also ensure that both the Bose Music App and Headphones are running the latest software. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and if any other community members feel that their setting is also not working please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Of course I'm using the app to set the remember last state. 

Its also currently the only way to be able to turn off ANC, which is what I said isnt saving.

So yes I am using the app and yes it is not working.

Hi N0_Klu3, 

Thank you for getting back to us with this information. 

Are you able to confirm that both the Bose Music app and NC Headphones 700 are running the latest firmware/software as mentioned by @Hector_B?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

Yes latest Music app and 700 firmware

Hello N0_Klu3,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but there is a feature called conversation mode that fully disables the ANC when you hold the noise control button down. You can read about it here.

I hope this fulfills your requirements.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Quiet Contributor

Yes I've seen this, but as soon as I press anything else, it reverts back to normal.

Put it this way, ANC makes me feel queezy. IE I wish for it to remain disabled.

Having to turn on my headphones and then still open the app just to say turn off ANC sucks.

Especially when I mostly use this on my PC so not always using it with my phone, makes this even worse.

I just wish the Remember settings button in ANC actually remembers it when you turn it off!

Hello N0_Klu3, 

Is this product your first experience of ANC headphones? The pressure effect can be somewhat nauseating initially but if you use it for an extended period of time you soon get used to it. Before working for Bose, I personally hadn't had the opportunity to use noise-canceling headphones so when I started using them I felt the same queezy feeling you described, but this soon passed after continued use. I would definitely recommend persevering and you should overcome the sensation. 

For now however, the adjustable modes by default are set at 0 - 5 - 10, so even without using the app, the noise control button should allow you to choose between a suitable level of cancelling. 0 being the lowest, and 10 being the highest. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G