Highlighted
Jim92677
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

700 Headphones Don't Fit! - Too Small!!

I have purchased every new pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones since Bose first introduced noise cancelling headphones and have been very satisfied with the upgrades. I currently have a pair of QC35 II headphones that are very comfortable and recently decided to try a pair of the new 700 headphones. When using the QC35 II headphones and all previous headphone models, I have the size fully extended to get a good fit. When trying on the QC 700's, I was not able to extend them enough to get a comfortable fit. They simply will not extend enough and are too small!! I wear a large size hat and don't have an oddly shaped head. The 700's simply do not extend enough like all previous models of Bose Headphones. I am hoping that someone from Bose Marketing or Bose Engineering is reading this post. Unfortunately for the first time, I will not be able to purchase the latest Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones and will skip the 700s. I hope that Bose gets the message and designs the successor to the 700s to be more extendable like the QC35s. Bose can you please reply to this?

Also I want to add that I tried two different pair of 700s at two different Best Buy Stores and both were too small.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 700 Headphones Don't Fit! - Too Small!!

Hi @Jim92677,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I can understand your frustrations and I apologize that the NC700 headphones are not fitting how you'd expected. I can pass on a feature request to the development team regarding your experiences, and this information can help to innovate for future releases.

I appreciate the time taken to leave your opinions! Please let me know if you have any further questions I could answer for you.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Jim92677
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Re: 700 Headphones Don't Fit! - Too Small!!

Hi Sam,

Thanks for you quick reply. I am hoping that the Bose Engineering Team will learn from this design issue and that future headphones will not suffer from the issue. One of the most compelling reasons to buy Bose Headphones has always been the comfort. Over the years, each new Bose Headphone release has been more comfortable until the release of the 700 which is too small and gives me a pain on the top of my head. It is really too bad that Bose just didn't take the electronic enhancements of the 700 and put them into a new headphone with the exact same form factor as the QC35 II. Bose had achieved perfection in comfort with the QC35 II. No headphone from any manufacture could compare to the comfort of the QC35 II. I believe that Bose when down the same path as Apple with their product design. About 4 years ago, Apple decided to make the MacBook Pro Laptops thinner for the "cool" factor. In order to achieve the thin design, they used a substandard keyboard that resulted in lawsuits and the product overall getting a bad reputation. I believe that Bose took the same approach with the 700 headphones in trying to achieve a really cool look. Bose achieved the cool look, but did so by compromising comfort. I have seen other posts on this message board regarding this issue so I know that I am not alone regarding this comfort/fit issue. I believe that the right solution for Bose is to go back to the mechanical design/form factor of the QC35II (it is perfection!!) and just upgrade the electronics inside the headphone. Give your customers the comfort that keeps them coming back to purchase each new headphone model while enhancing the electronics only.

Thanks,

-jim