Poppers
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

700 Headphones with 700 Soundbar?

Is there a way to connect the Bose 700 headphones with the Bose Soundbar 700? And the second question is connecting the 700 headphones with S1Pros. I have a soundbar 700 with 700 bass module and satellite speakers working great with the Bose Music App. I would like to connect the 700 headphones so when I go cooking in the kitchen or doing other things I can still listen without having to to crank the volume so much.

Second question is I have two S1Pros that work fine on the Bose Connect app.  I also would like to connect the 700 headphones to these!

One other consideration, why do we have to have separate apps, Bose Music App and Bose Coonect App for the same manufacturer’s products!

Please understand I am totally a Bose fan. I also have two L1MKII with B2 Bass and a TS8 Mixer.  

I host musicians for jams and recording sessions and they all love the sound clarity! Thank you,

Poppers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Poppers
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Re: 700 Headphones with 700 Soundbar?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Poppers

Sorry typo meant T8S mixer

5 REPLIES 5
Poppers
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Poppers

Sorry typo meant T8S mixer

Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

No,

Both the headphones and the soundbar are designed as "end units"  meaning the BT connection goes into them and not out of them (the soundbar can do it with other speakers but that is over Wi-fi and the Headphones don't have wi-fi).  As well as that, there would be a distance limitation (due to BT) even if it was able to work - ie if you went further than 10m it would lose connection so it wouldn't be as much use as you would think.

The T8S mixer has no form of wireless transmission either, but again if you could get it to work you may nbot have the best experience when playing intruments due to wireless lag.

From what I've heard they are trying to unite them under the Bose Music app (the Noise Cancelling 700s being the first headphone to use this app) however it's unlikely that older systems will be able to use move over to the new app, so they still have a couple of versions around.

Poppers
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Thank you. Are they going to move the S1Pros to the Bose Music App also?

Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

I doubt it.  It's unlikely that any older systems will move across to Bose music unless they bring out a new version.  Even if they bring a V2 with Bose Music, because you are likely to be playing from instruments they would be susceptable to lag when going to wireless headphones.  So it would not be the ideal application to stream to BT headphones.

Hello Poppers,

Many thanks for posting your question in the Bose Community.

With regards to headphone/soundbar interconnectivity, while both devices use the Bose Music app, there are some challenges that may implicate the use of the two devices together, currently, we have no information as to whether this will be a feature in the near future or not. I would certainly recommend keeping an eye on the Community however, as this will be the first place it is announced.

We have no information at this time as to whether any of our previous Bluetooth products (including the S1 pro) will migrate over to the Bose Music platform. Again, if a change such as this is made, it will be announced on the Bose Community first.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support