Jrsjhammack
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Re: 700 NC | Call Controls on Microsoft Teams Not Working

I just picked up a new set. I see the same thing. The mute button invokes cortana and doesn't mute Teams. It doesn't appear the headphones recognize they are actually in a call. I think that also causes the self voice feature not to work properly.  I actually went with these over the sony headphones because they seem to have better noise cancellation with the mobile device and they were praised in reviews as better headphones for business users and calls.  I hope there are some improvements coming here.

Jrsjhammack
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

And every time you answer a call in teams it drops the connection to the iPhone and then reconnects.  I am using all the latest firmware of course. Not a very good experience for someone who just bought them or anyone for that matter.

Mike-Swe
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Have 700 NC and all Teams problems been fixed now? And is it easy to change between connected devices?
I need to be able to use them at work. I bought a couple, but maybe I will return them.

Jrsjhammack
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Mike I have not seen any change myself to what I previously mentioned.  The headphones work with Teams there are just some quirks they should work out.  I have found a groove that I can use to deal with it for now myself by dropping the bluetooth to the phone while on a Teams call and using the teams mute functionality.  Not the end of the world but it would be nice if it was more integrated.  When I hang up the call I turn bluetooth back on for my iPhone and reconnect and life is good.

Paul_Hopkins
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

I echo your observations:

1) The NC 700's drop the iphone connection when using Teams

2) You cannot mute on a Win10 machine without using the in-app mute function.

Both of these made the product completely unusable as a business set of headphones. I love the quality, the fit, the sound but such a compromise means they'll be going back unless it's an isolated event and can be fixed. I suspect not.  

Bose support? 

jordbr01
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

"Bose support" is an absolute myth at this point. They'll show up with canned responses in the forums, but no actual follow-up or shared details for what they would plan to do to make this better in future firmware updates.

I gave up hope long ago that they would make any improvements for Windows 10. I share your disappointment and frustration with these headphones.

AC_13
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

I had the same issue, Bose NC 700 did not work with MS Teams on Surface Book 2.

Returned the headphone this morning !!

pejvaks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

700 NC | Call Controls on Microsoft Teams Not Working

I can see it is a common problem with these headphones. Is there any fix to microphone stop workingi during calls? 

Do Bose accept returns on this fault? I have tried troubleshooting with no success. Have removed device, restarted pc, headphones, removed added back, updated firmware, connected to app still nothing.

calls start off fine but then the mic just stops working. happens on pc (Dell laptop) on Webex, and Microsoft Teams.

I know this has been asked many times but there doesn't seem to be any resolution.

Sweden
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Issue still persists with latest firmware. I love everything else about these headphones, which makes me sad to admit they are basically unusable still, and it feels silly since this should be a really simple feature to implement.

Hint to Bose: I don't care about fancy BT protocol integrations. Just give me a button on the headset (any button or gesture will do) and stop capturing audio from the mic at that point. (A recurring "mute reminder blip" every 30s or so would be appreciated).

pejvaks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

What the hell is this. I started a new topic about microphone stopping to work mid call on my Windows machine but it got moved to an unrelated topic!!! And the title has changed. I’m sorry to the topic poster for this unrelated post but my message got moved here by admins I guess.