Sweden
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: 700 NC | Call Controls on Microsoft Teams Not Working

Yeah, seems there is a lot of discussion management going on here, but not so much actual work to fix the problem.

@bose: Can we get some feedback from the actual FW development team? Are you agreeing these issues are software flaws? Can you please provide short descriptions so that we know which ones are acknowledged? Are you committing to fixing them? In what timeframe?

RandallD
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

@Bose @bose I bought this headset last week & really like the sound and build quality.
Wasted hours of my personal time configuring this headset every way known to man & alien without success.  This product needs to work with modern business applications, feels like I bought an RCA headset instead of Bose. You need to get your App Dev Team working on making this product functional for Work From Home users(growing market ATM). Hiding these threads and giving canned responses will not fix excellent hardware & dollar store firmware/software.
I will be returning the product unless there are working call controls in the next few weeks sharing my experience with those I support.
    My Setup:

• Lenovo P50 20GQ0000US 
  • Bose 700 NC 

Is it possible to just purchase your USB Dongle and all of this is not an issue?
https://pro.bose.com/en_us/products/conferencing/headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones-700-conferen...

Bose 700 UC....better suited for most on this thread?

jordbr01
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I'd love to get a response from @bose on this UC version. It seems like the fix for all of our problems. If I were you, I'd return your current pair and wait for the new pricing and a higher likelihood that it will actually work. Those of us that spent $400 more than six months ago for these when brand new will just have to hope that Bose will do the right then and ship us a dongle to make them usable or at least make it available at a reasonable price. 

https://mspoweruser.com/teams-bose-noise-cancelling-headphones-700/

Jrsjhammack
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

If they make a new version of the 700 and it is ‘Teams Certified’ but don’t give people a option who currently with the 700 after spending 400 bucks I will certainly not make the mistake of buying Bose again. The dongle should be free but I wonder if it will even work with the current 700 NC.

pejvaks
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I ended up updating the bluetooth driver on my laptop and it seems to have been ok for the past couple of days. 

Again this is related to microphone stopping to work during calls (not related to this topic, but my original question was moved here).

HappyBerday
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

My issue with the 700,  Microsoft Teams and Surface Pro 1....I can connect to a Teams call, the microphone works and everyone can hear me BUT I can't hear them.  I switch back to laptop speaker and microphone for a few minutes and try switching to BOSE 700 for speaker and Microphone...it works for like 5-10 seconds and then audio fails again.   Does anyone have any suggestions...this is $800 waste as I bought my spouse a pair and we both have the same configuration....ugh!!!

Tuba A.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

I have exactly the same issue. I join the Teams call. After 5-10 seconds I loose the voice or it breaks down. Then Teams kicks me out from the call or frozen. Not sure what is happening. But I bought this headphone to have a good experience at my work with calls, not I feel like I am not enjoying at all. 

Beltram
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

@bose 
Is there any update on the promised MS Teams Certification and the Call controls and Mute button in Teams?

I like the good quality of the headphones for conferencing, especially now in Corona times.

But if basic functionality like mute/unmute doesnt work with a headphone button i will probably return them to Amazon.

Jrsjhammack
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

I expect the solution to our problems will be the availability and compatibility of the new Bose 700 UC headphones USB dongle with our 700 NC headphones.  They have listed the USB dongle on the site but the do not have pricing yet:

https://pro.bose.com/en_us/products/conferencing/headphones/headphones_accessories/usb-link-bluetoot...

It does say it will work with all Bose headphones. On the product page for the 700, the first FAQ questions asks:

Q: Will the Bose USB Link Bluetooth module be available to be purchased separately?

A: The Bose USB Link Bluetooth module will come pre-paired with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 UC headset. More information on how and when the Bose USB Link Bluetooth module will be available for sale separately will be communicated in the coming months.

So the answer is.... we wait. To my knowledge, Bose has never replied on this thread and likely will not until this is ready.

HappyBerday
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

A dongle requirement removes the value of owning a Bose $399 headphone...now I have to carry an additional piece of hardware to use my WIRELESS headphones?  Why can't the driver/code/bluetooth code be updated to make it work with the NC headphone.  This is bait and switch..invest $349-$400 on wireless BOSE headphones so that working on calls is easier...and then you can't use it on call software?  And then you have to buy something else? A dongle?  Let me tell you...Bose--this is bait and switch..  You should refund or exchange/buy back the headphones for all of the business people who need to use this on the conference calling software around the world....businesses won't be buying BOSE if this is how you manage deficits in functionality.  Why wasn't this in the product brochure *NOT COMPATIBLE WITH CONFERENCE CALLING SOFTWARE?