Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Re: 700 NC | Call Controls on Microsoft Teams Not Working

Send your feedback to prosupport at bose dot com as they are not responding in the forums and there are 50 of us that have posted with zero interaction

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

Hey guys, 

I have a surface book 1st gen and could not really use my nc 700 with my notebook before the latest firmware update 1.4.12. I installed it yesterday and could test for at least 4 hours (listening to spotify music on my surface book and being in a lot of MS Teams Calls). So far, almost all issues are gone! Great success Bose!

But: I also got new (bluetooth) drivers for my surface book last week. So I can't really say what fixed my issues (win drivers vs. bose firmware). 

PS: I have bought a Bluetooth dongle and deactivated the surface built-in bluetooth chip as workaround. It was suggested here in the community around 6 months ago. Today morning I have switched back to the built-in bluetooth adapter -> now it works!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

My biggest frustration at this point is the complete inability to Mute when on Teams and Zoom calls through the computer. I just can't believe this functionality doesn't exist. And the 700 UC version on their site says the dongle will NOT work with original 700 models, so we would be expected to buy a completely new pair of 700s, and even that model doesn't specifically say it will have mute/unmute functionality on the headphone buttons. So frustrating. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2020

Same behavior here: I can increase/ decrease the volume during the call, but not mute/ unmute, unless I use the Teams application itself. Very frustrating.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

I bought this Headset for two use-cases:

• listening to Music/Videos
  • Participating in Video/Phone-Conferences

For the first I could have bought the (then) cheaper Sony XM3s. But I bought Bose because of the superior mic noise cancellation.

I am super satisfied by the product, the only downside beeing the inability to mute the microphone on Windows (e. g. in Teams).

Instead of making a good product better / compatible with popular use-cases like Teams on Windows 10, Bose will release a new Version of the 700s and I am pretty sure that the solution could have been done in the current 700NCs software. If a dongle would be plausibly necessary, I would have bought that, but now I am a bit frustrated too...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

EXACT same boat...VERY frustrating!!!!!

How did something like this get past UAT...???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

I did buy the Sony's and they have the same issue.  That's why I'm here on this forum.  I was hoping the Bose would have the functionality to mute from the headphones during Teams calls 😕

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I'm not sure if I'm in the same boat as everyone, but I found a "fix" of sorts.  Sounds like people are having a similar issue but might have variances with hardware, software, etc so not sure if it is for everyone.

My scenario.  Using Zoom, on Win 10 when I join a meeting, buttons do nothing.  The right one doesn't do anything.  No pulling up a voice assistant, no muting (which is what I want).  I can click it, click it, click it.  Nothing.  My phone is a Pixel 2 XL

For me to get the mute button to actually work, this is what I need to do.  Wonky, but it consistently works.  Before I join a meeting, I need to both have my NC 700 connected to my computer and my phone.  I join the meeting.  I go into the Bose Music app and connect with that as well (its always "not available" and I always have to refresh then I can connect, event though it is connected in Android).  Once I see its connected in the app and from the main screen see the battery, etc, I click on it again to go to my device settings.  Then I go to the Bluetooth source button where I can see the two sliders for my phone and my PC.  I turn of the slider for my phone.  Mute button works.  If I turn my phone back on with the slider, mute button stops working.  Also if I turn my phone back on with the slider (as a Bluetooth source), the only way I can get the button to mute again is to start the whole process over. All the way back to my above sentence of "Before I join a meeting", so if I'm in a meeting, I have to leave it and start over.  I have to do this for every single meeting.  So if I were to hop off of one meeting to join another, I start that process all over again before joining the second meeting.  It appears to consistently work for me.  Would LOVE to hear if it works for someone else.  If it does maybe it will point Bose in the right direction.

Also all of that said, I also need to have Zoom pointing to the headset, not headphones in the audio options.  This is recommended elsewhere and I think this is a must.

Having said all of this, I have to guess something is up with how the headset connects to the meeting.  I know it auto swaps for me to connect to the headset (not headphones). I'm wondering if turning off my phone when in the meeting is resetting/refreshing something.  But what ever it is it seems that has to happen when in a meeting.  If I join a meeting with only my NC 700's connected to my PC, take my phone completely out of it, the mute button doesn't work and I can't get it to work.  So I have to guess it has nothing to do with my phone or the headphone's connection to my phone.  I have to think since I'm only fiddling with the Bose side of things that they should look and see what is going on.

Bose:

Why isn't there a physical button that simply turns the microphones on or off at the headset, no software needed?  I can swipe, tap, click a button to talk to Alexa (I don't have voice assistant setup or want it), but basic functionality that practically every other headphones/headsets have, is absent.  I just don't know how you gear these things towards professionals.  Don't you have a testing team?  Zoom you could test for free, just saying.  Then you don't have to pony up for a Teams license.  Even when the helpers and mods on this forum can reproduce this issue in various software, on the multitude of threads on this topic, I don't understand what is taking so long to fix this.  Even a, "We are aware of the issue and trying to fix it", statement would help.  At least I still have the opportunity to send these back to Amazon if I get sick of my fix, some of these other poor people can't and that just sucks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Thanks @LedZeppelinWails. I can confirm your approach. This works for me too. But of course that's not a solution. But a workaround or a way to a solution.

I hope Bose wants to satisfy its existing customers and not just sell new products and will fix it only for its coming "Microsoft-Teams-Certified" head phones. Since it is obviously only a software bug, the effort should not be too big to fix it via firmware update.

I bought this head phones yesterday and i think if Bose don't react in this thread with a concrete statement, i will send them back.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

@LedZeppelinWails  Thanks so much.  This isn't ideal but at least there is a work around to get the functionality I need working. 

I also bought the bose 700 headset because of the superb mic with the thought that  I would use it for work from my home office.  Please include this as a feature request. 

I see in this article that integration is coming.

https://mspoweruser.com/teams-bose-noise-cancelling-headphones-700/

Can you confirm that the consumer grade product I already bought will be also included?  

Bose can you answer this??