Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Re: 700 NC | Call Controls on Microsoft Teams Not Working

Hello??? Is this thing on? Bose do you have ANY comment? I guess we should all start tagging them in social media posts (for some reason that usually gets a response).

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

@iignatiuksupport for regular Bose 700 is not coming since the certified Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 will be a different version called "Bose 700 UC"

@LedZeppelinWailsI confirm a weird behaviour when connected to my phone and PC where when tapping the button the Headset will say "mute". I did not have the time to investigate this in detail. It might be that this only works, when content of the phone is played and you can in that moment not use the headset for teams on the PC. The mic would only be muted for the phone then...

A solution from Bose might be a possibility to mute with the press of the right button, when no voice assistant is reacting (in german it would say something like "start Google Assistant on the smartphone...")

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

I bought Bose HP NC 700 limited version in Singapore from Lazada Bose Flagship store 2 weeks back. This high end HP doesn't suit for Skype for Business and Microsoft TEAMS applications. Mute doesn't work, when I click mute button on HP it says open Google assistant on your phone and try again. It is fine if application's mute takes no change but atleast HP mute should work. Also every time when I click noise cancellation button it says somw voice like Noise Cancellation 5,0,10 and at this time I can't hear what others speak and also others can't hear what I am talking.

I am unhappy with this HP. Highly rated?

Do you have some suggestions on these issues? And are you aware of these issues?

BTW, mobile applications work fine. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

I wholeheartedly agree with the post above. I use the NC 700 for my Teams meetings as well (which is the main reason I bought these) but they are falling very short of the mark. I can live with the MUTE button not working but the fact that Self Voice does not work in Teams is making it a useless tool. I have switched back to Jabra for my Teams calls and am planning on returning the NC 700's. It is a pity because my experience with Bose (I also own a pair of A20 aviation headphones) has always been positive and constructive. I am not impressed with the responses from Bose experts on this forum. They almost ALWAYS respond with canned answers and more questions. Very disappointed in this product.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Using this headset with any Windows voip apps like Teams or Skype for Bussines is really akward. I just bought 70$ BT dongle and now I can use it with pleasure but it shouldnt be the case with over 400$ premium headset.. That is my first and  last purchase of Bose product ..

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2019

Hi, May I know which dongle you purchased and experience with the same?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Sure , it's Seeneheiser BTD 800 USB for Lync

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

I too am not able to use call controls in Microsoft Teams or Zoom.

• Computer Make/Model - Dell XPS 8930
  • What version of OS is being used - Windows 10 Home 10.0.19041
  • Which application(s) is/are being used specifically - Microsoft Teams
  • Which version of those applications are being used - Version 1.3.00.21759 (64-bit). It was last updated on 8/13/20.
  • Do the headset controls work for other applications on that system? - Yes, works with Spotify
  • NC700 headset firmware version - 1.7.0-10068+f3675e6
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

I also bought this specifically for work Teams calls.

And like others, I didn't even think there would not be a mute button as they exist on headphones that cost $50.
The lack of response from Bose is a little sad.  There is no way I am paying for a dongle on top of the premium price for these things.
They are going back before that happens.