Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Re: 700 NC | Call Controls on Microsoft Teams Not Working

Bose product name: NC700 HP

Firmware Version: 1.8.2-11524+e0f7590

App Version: 4.1.1

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on:

PC/Windows 10 (v1910 and v2004)

It's incredible. Bose is making it worse and worse. Not only that it still doesn't work with the current firmware. No! Now the workaround from @LedZeppelinWails  is no longer possible. I am so disappointed with Bose. Next time i will take a Sony headphone!

This workaround was working with 1.7.x but will not with 1.8.x:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/700-NC-Call-Controls-on-Microsoft-Teams-Not-W...

Freitas
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

My problem with the Microsoft Teams controls is just with MUTE/UNMUTE. The Teams button is bringing MS Teams up, if minimized, but when in a call, mute/unmute doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

I'm on a Ryzen 7 Win 10 Home edition using the Bose Bluetooth Module.

Thx

Jessie_O

Thanks for joining the discussion @Freitas

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing. Have you tried an update? you can do this by following the instructions which are outline HERE

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
demvin
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 15, 2020

@Freitas since you are speaking of a Teams button, I gather you have a 700 UC like me.   Be sure to mute/unmute using a long press on the touch controller and not the assistant button like the non UC model.

Freitas
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

Hello, and thanks! @Jessie_O 

I've updated the firmware, yes.

Also worth noting it's a refurbished device and after my post I also had 2 instances where the left ear sound stopped working/huge background noise out of nowhere. So I'm returning the item, as it might be defective.

Got a new one to be delivered tomorrow, so will see how that goes and report back.

Freitas
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

@demvin I've got the non-UC version. But I'm surprised that there's a difference.. I thought the only difference was coming with the usb dongle.

So on the UC it's a long press on the touch? I'll try that just in case they sent me the wrong one.. 😂

Freitas
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

@demvin and @Jessie_O it seems the control for the mute/unmute is on the touch control as Demvin suggested. The headsset shouldn't be a UC model, and didn't come with the USB, but behaves that way. Maybe it was on the latest firmware update?

Apart from that, it has a malfunction on the left earpiece, so I have to return it.

SALECE
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

Hi all. A solution for this is to purchase a Jabra Link bluetooth USB interface. Jabra Link devices are certified for MS Teams and this enables call control functionality on the NC 700s

I would recommend getting the latest link model (380). I picked this up for £55 in the UK (a USB A model). It usually goes for between £55 and £80 depending on where you get it from. Don't buy direct from Jabra as they are the most expensive seller.

I know this isn't a great fix as it costs more money. But it is a fantastic solution.

The issues this resolves are:

- Call control functionality in MS Teams (tap to answer/end call, mute mic using voice assistant button etc)

- No more interruptions from secondary device notifications (the headphones will prioritise your active stream, and the secondary device audio/notifications will not come through and will not interupt the active stream)

- This also adds bluetooth 5 support to devices that don't have it. Much better audio and call quality. This was actually a noticible improvement when listening to music vs listening via my laptops native bluetooth interface.

For reference, I'm on an MS Surface Laptop, Windows 10. 

An alternative solution is to get a Mac 🙂 I don't think any of these problems exist on my mac, but I can't use it for my primary work purposes.

Hope this helps!

Jefft
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

I'm experiencing issues with Microsoft Teams after upgrading the firmware to 1.8.2. Everything was fine before this version. I know this because I use Teams just about everyday. The gestures (volume up/down, battery status) starts working again after closing the Teams meeting, but they don't work during Teams meeting.

MrCompton
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2021

Hello,

I am also very disappointed from the Bose 700 not be able to use the call controls with MS Teams.

After reading SALECE's post, I was full of hope and also ordered a Jabra Link 380a UC. On my notebook running Windows 10, I deleted the existing two Bose entries from the known Bluetooth devices and disabled the builtin Bluetooth adapter. After attaching the Jabra Link, the drivers installed automatically and I installed the latest Jabra Direct software. Pairing the Bose 700 and listening to music works out of the box.
I then tested with MS Teams and Webex Teams, where I had the identical issue: MS Teams has automatically chosen the Jabra Link 380 as default audio/mic devices. The first testcall was working and I could also use the call control functions. After hanging up, the audio/mic/call control functions did not work anymore in MS Teams. Playing music still works. To get it working again, I had to switch the headset off and on again. Once again, everything is ok for one call. After that call, it stopped working until a resetart of the headset.

Anyone else who had this issue? Does anybody have a solution for that?

Edit:
Found the solution in this post
https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/700-NC-drops-calls-from-MS-Teams-after-one-ca...
Within the Jabra Direct software, under device settings, Softphone settings, turn off PC Audio