Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Re: 700 NC | Call Controls on Microsoft Teams Not Working

I do not currently have other VOIP software on my machine hence I cannot attempt a repro with another app. I believe someone replied that they're also facing the same issue on Skype.

Please note that having the Teams window open or not does not change the behaviour. Also, attempting to close the call by double tapping the touchpad seems to play whichever song is playing in the background without the audio actually going into the headphones.

In an attempt to explain the behavior (best guessing here), it seems that Windows is channelling input and output call audio physically through the headphones by using the "headset" device instance; however, it seems that the touchpad / button functionality is still connected with the "stereo headphones" device instance (explaining why the controls still apply on the music app and not Teams).

Hope this helps. Please tell me if you need anything else to allow progressing this.

Thanks,

Ahmad

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi all,

Thank you for getting back to us. I have collated as much information as I can here, and have passed this onto the relevant team so we can look into this issue further for you all.

To other members of the Community who may experience this, please get back to us with as much information as you can so we can look into this further for you!

I thank you all for your continued patience on this.

Liam W

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your patience! We are continuing to look into this and we are trying to gather as much information as possible here!

This is likely a communication/interoperability problem between the software, system and headset. This would mean that not all software is able to interpret the AVRCP commands sent from our headset. 

As such, can I ask that anyone who is having this issue to come forward with the following information: 

• Computer Make/Model
  • What version of OS is being used (e.g. Windows 10 version 1809; OS build 17763.720)
  • Which application(s) is/are being used specifically
  • Which version of those applications are being used
  • Do the headset controls work for other applications on that system (such as downloaded music)? (Y/N)
  • NC700 headset firmware version

If you are not sure how to gather any of the above information for your system, please get back to me and I will guide you through this.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

Liam W 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

I reported the same issue, that auto-off doesn't recognize when you're in a skype call, several weeks ago. So it shouldn't seem that strange ... 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/NC-700-problems-with-Skype-for-business/m-p/2...

Call controls don't work for it either. Volume adjustment does, but it's just adjusting the master volume.

Dell E7470 laptop

Skype for business

Windows 10 1803 build 17134.885

Not sure if other applicaitons are affected .. because I need to keep auto-off set to never for calls to work.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Dell Latitude 7480
Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, Build 17134.984
Skype for Business 2016 MSO (v 16.0.4849.1000, 64-bit)
Microsoft Teams (v 1.2.00.23358, 64-bit)
Bose App Version 2.3.2
Bose 700 Firmware Version 1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b

The headphone controls only work to adjust volume when used with Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams, nothing else is functional.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

PC Hardware:

MSFT Surface Book 2

PC Software:

Win10 18362.295 (latest)
Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.22654 (64-bit).

Phone:
Android 8.1.0, 2018/12 SP, OPM7.181205.001

I'm happy to run a tracing suite.  I can repro the issues pretty easily.  I've already filed a bug with Teams and the BT stack at MSFT: reach out to me if you want details.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

MS Surface Book
Win 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17763 (64-bit) -> latest
Bose App Version 2.3.2 -> latest
Bose 700 Firmware Version 1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b -> latest
Skype4Business: Skype for Business for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11328.20362) -> latest
Teams: Version 1.2.00.22654 (64-bit) -> latest
Zoom: Latest
WebEx: Latest

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

I have some of the same issues.  Eventually within a Teams call my headphones basically quit working and I have to switch over the device(computer) speakers and mic.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Upon further troubleshooting.  If I quit using using my bluetooth surface mouse my headset works perfectly fine.  I'm using a Surface Book Gen1 as well  i7 proc 16 gb of Ram.  It may be a Bluetooth limitation on the computer.  The volume controls work well when connected as well.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

@Liam_W

Are there any specific changes in the latest firmware update that were made to make this any better? I'm updating right now, but keeping my expectations low based on the sparse release notes.