Highlighted
anfvsnvf
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

700 NC H.phones - negative experiences AND software/hardware feature requests/updates

Background:

• Negative experiences AND software/hardware feature requests/updates ONLY (not for pessimism; just to have a unified place where we can let Bose know what we EXACTLY dislike about the current state of these h.phones)
  • The body of this post was last updated on Sun, 7/6/19,

• Have had these h.phones since 6/30,

• Devices I use these h.phones with:

• Late-2018 MacBook Pro (macOS Mojave version: 10.14.5),

• latest 12.9-inch iPad Pro (iOS version: 12.3.1), AND

• iPhone XS (iOS version: 12.3.1).

• H.phones firmware version (according to the Bose Music iOS app.): 1.1.4-1144+be3bf4b,

• Date of manufacture (according to the Bose Music iOS app.): 6/2/19,

• Bose Music iOS app. version: 2.1.2,

• My plan - keep updating the body of this post to reflect other users' input (if others comment on this post).

Experience:

• Software/firmware issues:

• White noise while only ANC is in use,

• Unstable Bose Music iOS app.:

• shows h.phones not connected when they actually are,

• flickering/unstable UI components, AND

• many error banners in red.

• Unstable bluetooth connection to iPhone XS and 2018 MacBook Pro,

• iPhone XS "MY DEVICES" bluetooth list: both "H.phones Name" and "LE-H.phones Name" are listed. What are these and which should I select?

• Hardware issues:

• Underside rubber of headband slowly detaching from main headband metal frame (closer to the ear cups)

• Scuffing/scratching of coating where the ear cups meet the headband metal frame due to adjustment

Thoughts/useful/common sense changes I would like to see:

• Battery light

• no need for this to stay on after unplugging the h.phones from charge as:

• it is easier to just hold the touch pad of the right ear cup to know how many hours of charge I have left than taking off the h.phones to look at the light to ESTIMATE the hours of charge left , AND

• this uses energy. Please release a firmware update to only have the battery light on when the h.phones are charging.

• should be solid white ONLY when the h.phones are FULLY charged (currently, according to the online manual, it is solid white when "medium to full charge").

• Reversible:

• charging cable (USB-C on both ends), AND

• audio cable (3.5 mm on both ends).

• Bose website:

• A list of firmware versions and their release dates.

• iOS app.:

• Adding the option to toggle between hours left and battery charge percentage left for the voice prompts/Bose Music iOS app. battery charge indicator. (currently, we are only told how many hours of charge are left in voice prompts and in the Bose Music iOS app.),

• Simpler numerical firmware version designation

• Adding the option to turn Voice Assistant off (currently, I can just select which of the 3 Voice Assistants I would like to use)

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: 700 NC H.phones - negative experiences AND software/hardware feature requests/updates

Hi Anfvsnvf, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I appreciate the time that you have taken to create this post and the tests that you have attempted. 

I will pass this feedback onto our development team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
anfvsnvf
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Re: 700 NC H.phones - negative experiences AND software/hardware feature requests/updates

Thanks for stating that you will pass this along to the appropriate parties. To see the updated list of issues, please visit: https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/cab390/700_nc_hphones_please_negative_experiences_and/

Highlighted
jjm004
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

There is also a bug in the Bose Music app when setting the Preference 1,2,3 setting.  The correct settings are sent to the headphones and work but the app always moves your most recent selection to Preference 1.  

For example, Preference 1=10, 2=0, 3= 10 , if you change 2 to be 8 it will moved the Preference 1 in the UI but work st Preference 2 on the headphones.

mechs85
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

WOW, so many issues witht he headset - I think I will pass until a lot of the software issues are resolved. If Sony come out before then, I think I may do a hard pass

Too many issues with this headset already Bose, and to charge such a high amount, it should be perfect. I was really looking forward to them, but no equalizer at launch, no device switching button, buggy app (I know about their buggy apps as I have the Soundbar 700 and it's always failing on something)

I do think the bulletpoint about scratc hing isn't accurate, as it was identified the users obtained demo versions of the headphones. But that is the only saving grace

I think Bose dropped the ball with this release. Version 2 will be better, I'm sure

Highlighted
nguyendduy
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

To add to the list of bugs and design:

1.  When I am connecting to iPhone XS Max and laptop PC using the Bose app, the connection to the iPhone keeps dropping and reconnecting, causing my audio to drop intermittently when I am talking with a client on WebEx.

2.  I know that the audio supposed to be better when I am on a phone call.  Maybe the people on the other line can hear my voice without the background noise.  But I can hear other people talking around me, including kids screaming 10-20 feet away.  So now it is me who is annoyed and can't focus on holding a serious call on the phone.  

3.  Compare with the QC35 ii and 700, my ears do feel hotter after wearing the 700 for about 30-45 minutes.

4.  The sound, especially the bass, is definitely not as good as the QC35 ii.   

Highlighted

Hello nguyendduy, 

Thanks for reaching out and contributing in our Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are not 100% happy with your new headphones. I am definitely going to pass your feedback onto the development team for further consideration, but in the meantime, I would like to try and help you resolve your issues. To start with, I would ask that we perform a product reset. Sometimes, much like your phone, your headphones need a reboot to correct any minor issues. To complete the reset, please can you: 

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.

Once these steps have been completed I would ask that you visit btu.bose.com and follow the instructions to ensure your product has the latest features and enhancements. You will need to plug your headphones into your computer to complete this action. 

In regards to your experience whilst on a call, when you receive a call, the headphones remain at the current noise-canceling level, and Self Voice is activated. Self Voice helps you hear yourself speak more naturally, it may be that the Self Voice settings need to be changed. 

• To adjust the noise canceling level while on a call, use the Noise Control button on the headphones.
  • To adjust Self Voice, use the Bose Music app. You can access this option from the Settings menu.

I hope this information helps, please do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
jjm004
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

you can turn the noise cancelling to 10 when on a phone call so you cant hear the people/noise around you.  

Highlighted
willdude
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I'm gonna throw in my own feature request on this thread:

Make it so that in the Bose Music app, you can make one of the Favorites for Noise Cancellation simply "Noise Cancellation off". So with a click of the button on the 700s, you can toggle between 2 NC settings and "off". There are times when I want to easily turn it off (as we know, "0" isn't actually "off"), and using the app isn't convenient.