Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

700 NC - How to use Noise Cancellation only

For the NC 700 the manual mentions this functionality (p. 34):

USE NOISE CANCELLATION ONLY

Clear away noisy distractions without audio. Focus on what matters most — your work or whatever your passion.

1. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button until you hear a voice prompt. Your mobile device(s) disconnects and all audio stops playing.

2. Set your preferred noise cancelling level (see page 32).

This sounds great but how is this supposed to work? If I tap the button they switch on or off. If I hold it the voice prompt is "ready to connect another device" and the headphones go to pairing mode.

I want to use them just with ANC without my Bluetooth devices (for example in planes). But if you switch them on and no device is near they start searching for all devices that have been paired (and annoyingly announce so repeatedly) and then go to pairing mode. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: 700 NC - How to use Noise Cancellation only

Hi Petpat, Thank you for your post and welcome! 

You will need to hold the power/ Bluetooth button down until you hear 'Bluetooth Off'. 

This allows you to use the headphones without being connected to your Bluetooth device.

Let me know how it goes! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2020

Re: 700 NC - How to use Noise Cancellation only

Hi,

so when I press and hold the power/ bluetooth button these are the voice commands I hear:

- ready to connect

- device disconnected

- Bluetooth device list cleared

- ready to connect (repeatedly)

If I then press the power/ bluetooth button again, indeed there will be the message that bluetooth is disabled. If that's how it's supposed to work - ok. But not sure of what use that functionality is then. Also after turning the headphones off and on again they will be in pairing mode.

I had hoped for a way to disable bluetooth temporarily without clearing my device list and the need to couple devices again.