Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

700 Noise cancelling headphones left ear cup has stopped working

25 REPLIES 25
Hector_B

Re: 700 Noise cancelling headphones left ear cup has stopped working

Hey krandolphsmith, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your headphones and I would love to help you resolve this. 

Let's start with ensuring that the headphones are running the latest software version by connecting them to a PC via a USB cable and heading to our Online Updater, then follow the onscreen instructions. 

Once this is done we can attempt to reset the headphones by following these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Can you please also let me know if the issue occurs in all environments and levels of noise-canceling? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other users are having a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
krandolphsmith@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

I was able to resolve the left ear cup problem. I've been trying to update but so far have not been able to do it. I might not be following your directions to the tee. I'll try again and get back to you. Thank you for your advice and suggestion.

Lalan
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

I've been trying to fix this problem, following the directions, but have yet to fix it. How did you?

Bogreenslade@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

I have same problem can you tell me how to fix it 

Lalan
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

Sorry, I have not been able to resolve this issue. I have contacted bose and requested a new pair, since they broke within the 1 year waranty

Aviad
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Same problem here... I was not able to fix the problem. What's next?

Lalan
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

If you have the receipt of where you bought it you can go to the store and ask for a new one if you have a warranty (Bose 700s have a 1-year warranty). I don't so I'll have to buy a new pair since Bose isn't responding and I have no way of actually showing them that I bought them other than that I have them. I might get them looked at by a repairman, but I don't know yet. Sorry that I can't be of more help, it's so stupid that they break after having paid so much for them and treating them well.

krandolphsmith@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Thanks for your response. I finally got the left ear cup to work. I had inadvertently disconnected it on my laptop. The new thing is that no matter how much I charge the headphones, I never hear from the automated voice that the charge is full, even when the white light stops blinking. 

Lalan
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

How did you fix them?