Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

700 and QC35 ii Terrible crackling and drop outs

I bought a Pair of QC35 ii about 18 months ago and they were great for the first 12 months or so. Then, miraculously, days after the 1 year warranty expired I start getting occasional audio drop outs and crackling. It continued to get worse, updating the firmware made it noticeably worse. I tried the unpair/repair and head phone reset instructions and there was no improvement. I figured the bluetooth was starting to go bad. I wasted months trying to get the QC 35s working again. 

After all that time, and the problem only getting worse I ordered a pair of Sony mxh 1000s or whatever the exact part # was. They where the most uncomfortable pair of headphones ever, so they instantly went back. I then ordered a pair of the new 700s and straight out of the box the crackling and popping was FAR worse than the QC 35s ever where. I updated the software, made sure I had the most recent bose music app, all the boiler plate crap that Bose tells you to do. None of it improved the issues at all. Random crackling noises, pops, drop outs, double "clicks" like someone plugging in a headphone jack every time a video starts or stops, I cant get more than 5 feet away from the source before the sound quality drops off a cliff, behind a single wall in home the music sounds like a CD that someone cleaned with a brillo pad. Completely unacceptable quality for a $40 set of headphones, let alone $400. I'm not connected to multiple devices, so that's not the issue. I have a pair of QC 15 wired headphones that are still going strong, years later. So I know you can make quality headphones, however browsing this support forum makes it pretty clear that the bluetooth products (both the QCs and 700s) are not up to that same standard. This is my last ditch effort, the headphones are comfortable, I want to keep them, but I wont if this is the best they can be. Please help me make these function as they should so I don't have to return them and  buy a competitors product.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Re: 700 and QC35 ii Terrible crackling and drop outs

Bumping this because it was marked as spam and buried. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Re: 700 and QC35 ii Terrible crackling and drop outs

My issue is still outstanding. 2 weeks and not a peep! Your customer service is worse than your products!!