Highlighted
walterswh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 27, 2017

700 - how to turn off??

Can someone tell me how to properly turn the headphones off and actually know that they are off? I have opened my case to find a dead pair of phones twice already. Thanks. 

15 REPLIES 15

Re: 700 - how to turn off??

Hello Walterswh,

Thank you very much for your message, I am very sorry that you are experiencing this power issue with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.

To turn on and off the headphones Press and release the Power/Bluetooth button.

The Noise Cancelling 700 Headphones also include an Auto- Off feature. Auto-off conserves the headphone battery by using motion-detection. The headphones power off when you have not moved the headphones for 10 minutes. To wake the headphones, press the Power/Bluetooth button. You can also set the headphones to power off when no audio is playing. To enable auto-off for audio, use the Bose Music app. You can access this option from the Settings menu.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Tegan M - Community Support 

Matth93
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

This hasn't solved my issue. I already set my auto-turn off to the minimum amount of time via the app and always press the button to turn it off + pay attention that I hear the turn-off music. When I check my phone it says the headphones are disconnected as well and there are no lights active in any form on the headset. Yet when I try again the next day the headphones are completely drained.

1Okami
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

One thing I called out in the thread regarding the lack of the ability to cycle through paired devices from the headphones is the fact that the Power/Bluetooth button could serve that purpose via a tap of the button and powering the device on/off can and should be a long press.  The QC35s required you to flip a switch bearing resistance, iPhones require you to press and hold two buttons on opposite sides of the device, the Apple Watch requires you to press and hold a button,then move a slider.  The point is power ons/offs should practically require deliberate actions on the users part and not be susceptible to unintended incidents like a brief moment of pressure applied to a particular area of the device. Is auto-off based on motion gonna help me if I accidentally tap the power button while putting my headphones away in my backpack and they then jostle around a bit inside while walking?

I’m not saying that’s necessarily what’s happening in your case but the very idea of this kind of issue occurring is what I had in mind and frustrates me that Bose designed the power button that way.  It creates the possibility of a root cause of something like this where that possibility could’ve been minimized if not eliminated with a simple tweak.  

To be fair, you may well simply have a faulty pair of headphones and I’d personally return/exchange them if you can and see if the problem persists with a new pair.

Hello Matth93,

Thanks for reaching back out.  I am so sorry you are having this issue with your NC 700 headphones. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here: https://bose.life/2f4nJid, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us.

If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Bucz
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I got them today and I have to say, I am quite disappointed with button placement and I could also complain about the power on/off feature. That completely not intuitive and when I was putting them to the pouch I accidentally switched them on few time already. It seems a bit too much cost saving on materials and especially buttons. Besides that I will be keeping the because the only advantage is the Mike to cancel noises for the recipient of the call. 

medley
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

I had the same issue. To turn off you need to double click the power/Bluetooth button and it will turn off immediately.

duket
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Was close to returining the headphone but finally figured out how to consistenly turn on or off and thought this may be useful for others having the same problem with their HD 700.

You have to press the Power/Bluetooth button **FIRMLY**. Just hearing the button click is not good enough. Neither is holding the button. Press firmly until you see the blue light come on (powering on) or all the lights go out (powering off). 

Hope this helps.

Shadowfax
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Tried all the suggestions on this page. The bluetooth turns off. The white light at bottom stays on. Set auto off to 5mins. Next day the battery was drained. Any suggestions?

pshock7
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

This used to happen to my old QC 35 I's, although it was a more general product issue. Might just be a defective unit. Maybe try exchanging and see if it still happens with new unit.