Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Re: 700 - how to turn off??

This is frustrating. I cant get the app to work with my headphone Bose 700 and I cant figure out a way to turn off the power button. Aahhh if I spent 600 plus to get a headphone. It shouldn't be this hard and annoying  to connect my headphones  or turn of the power 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Same problem. Very frustrating 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

I have finally figured it out. You have to press the bluetooth button hard twice to get it to turn off and you would know when the white indicating light goes off

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

This works for me every time and I believe this is the proper way to power off the headphones manually without relying on auto off timer.

1: Once done using the headphones, go to Bose music app and make sure your headphones are connected to the app. Sometimes for me, app loses the connection and I simply have to connect again.

2:  In the Bose music app, go to Bluetooth source option by clicking on Bluetooth icon. You should be able to see all your currently connected source devices.

3: Disconnect all the devices one by one by pressing disconnect button. When you disconnect all devices, you will hear a voice prompt at the very end "Bluetooth off".

4: At this point, your Bluetooth transmitter is powered off but headphones are still switched on. Press the Bluetooth button on your headphones gently and just once, you will be able to hear a shut down chime as well. You will then see that both blue indicator (for Bluetooth transmitter) and white indicator (for power status) are permanently off. 

That is all. I hope this works for all of you guys out here. Thanks for reading and trying it out.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I read previous messages.. just reiterating to double click the Bluetooth button to power on or off, seeing the white light also turn on and off. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

I found the way .

Just press the Bluetooth button once and release quickly. Don't hold. All lights will be off. 

You're welcome

@@

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Just return them, Bose doesn't give a hoot about their customer's needs. Sony,  B&W, etc, way better quality and customer focus out there.  Bose 700s are useless for all but working out which why would you ever want giant over ear headphones for working out and sweating.  Sell Bose stock too.  With customer service like this, (and way less battery then competition) they are going to tank.  Phil

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Take them back

Just return them, Bose doesn't give a hoot about their customer's needs. Sony,  B&W, etc, way better quality and customer focus out there.  Bose 700s are useless for all but working out which why would you ever want giant over ear headphones for working out and sweating.  Sell Bose stock too.  With customer service like this, (and way less battery then competition) they are going to tank.  Phil

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

The headphones will turn off automatically after 10 minutes if they don't sense any movement. Bose has touted this as a "feature" of the headphones. It's not really a feature if you intend to use them for sleeping or meditation. I sent mine back because they were ALWAYS turning off!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

On/off button quickly press to turn off the headphones. Bottom white light dot disappears. Shop keeper I bought 

told simple as that. 700 Good head phones. Noise cancelling and sound better than the rest. 0 to 10 one button

Control. Bose new technology.