queensgambit52
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

700: issues with PC connectivity and microphone usage

Hi,

So I have the 700 connected to my laptop Windows 10 via bluetooth - can play music.

Microphone not working at all - laptop has it's own microphone but when I select to use the input of Bose 700 and try VOIP calls or recording videos, it doesn't pick up any audio input from the Bose mic at all 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: 700: issues with PC connectivity and microphone usage

Hello queensgambit52,

Thank you for messaging the community, I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience when connecting your device to your Windows 10 computer. 

Am I correct in thinking that you are in reference to the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700?

We would love to do what we can to assist you with this matter. 

• What VIOP services are you using?
  • Are you able to accept calls via mobile?
  • Do you have a voice assistant connected to your headphones? If so, is your voice assistant able to hear you?
  • Have you attempted any troubleshooting to resolve this issue? If so, can you please inform us on the steps in which you have taken. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

neta1o
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working

I've searched around a bit and haven't found a direct solution yet.  I've paired my Bose 700's via bluetooth to my WIndows 10 laptop.  Audio from any source (output) plays fine but it is not registering any input from the Bose 700 microphone.  See screenshot below.  When I test it gets no audio.  This would not be related to any application since this is the native Windows control panel.  I didn't even get to the point of trying it in an application.  I've tried unpairing and repairing the headphones and it didn't make a difference.  Any advice would be appreciated.

clipboard_image_0.png

[edited by moderator]

Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working

Hello neta1o,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! That's a shame that you are you having trouble with your headphones compatibility with your Windows computer, this is something that I would be more than happy to help you with. We can look further into this, firstly, I recommend that you test the headphones with another computer and a phone. I would also recommend performing a product reset, please follow the step below:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

neta1o
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Thank you Zoe,

I've tested connected the headphones to my phone and the microphone works just fine.  So it is not likely a physical issue with the headphones.  I've also tried performing the reset and re-syncing it to the computer.  I've also tried rebooting the computer.  The output/speaker works fine but the computer does not recognize the microphone from the headset on the Windows 10 computer.  Please advise. Note:  I tried setting up directly via bluetooth on the computer and I also tried setting up/connecting through the bose music app.

Hello Neta1o,

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your Bose 700 Headphones and your computer.

When pairing the headphones to your smartphone, are you able to make calls okay? If so, I would recommend checking with another PC to see if the issue persists. If the issue only happens with the one device, I would look into purchasing a replacement Bluetooth USB dongle for the PC as it may be an incompatibility with the internal Bluetooth chip. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

neta1o
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Yes I am able to make calls without issues via smartphone. I’ve paired other Bluetooth headsets with this computer without issues.

neta1o
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

What is the suggested next step for this?  I've cleared the bluetooth devices on the headphones and tried a re-sync to the computer by just bluetooth via computer and also via the Bose music app.  Both have the same result of only output working and no input working per my original screenshot.  I suspect this could be a larger issue and those that think it is currently working could be using their computers microphone and not realizing it.  I have a couple of additional computers I can test connecting to when I'm back from work travel but I'd like to find out if there are other suggestions since I don't believe the computer to be the issue. 

Edit:  My original thread got merged into this one.  But I found a few other similar threads but also with no solution.  Please advise

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Roundup-Threads-on-Noise-Cancelling-NC-700-He...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Unable-to-pair-Bose-NC-Headphones-700-to-Wind...

Hi Neta1o, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I would love to send this issue to the development team for review. 

Can you tell me what model of PC and operating system you are running?

Do you have a specific VIOP you are using on your PC?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

neta1o
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Thanks for the response Jessie

Model: HP Zbook G5

Operating System:  Windows 10 Enterprise x64

I have multiple VOIP clients I could use but for simplicity in testing I'm just verifying voice capability via control panel sound settings and the the native voice recorder app.   If it works there it should work in any VOIP app I need to use. I'd be happy to discuss directly with development team if they desire.