Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working

Hi Neta1o, 

Thank you for this information, It is super helpful. 

Do you mind adding your desired VOIP's so I could forward this along in the interest of internal testing?

Thanks again Neta1o, I look forward to hearing from you!

If anyone else in the Community is experiencing the same issue, please chime in with the same details. 

Kindest,

Jessie O  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Sure the most common platform I'll be using is Amazon Chime. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

So I've done some additional testing in windows applications like GoToMeeting, Chime etc.  It seems they may be able to detect the Bose headset microphone even though the standard windows settings isn't.  I'll do some more testing and report back. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

I have the same issue here. Windows is not recognizing the microphone input over bluetooth. It works fine on my phone but not on my laptop. I am using a client called Telia Touchpoint for calls. It's a swedish mobile service software. But just like previous posts I should think that the input should work in windows first and then work on any other software automatically but maybe that's not the case.

I have windows 10 on a Lenovo T440s Machine.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 21, 2019

I have just found this thread, and tested it on my MacBook Pro (2016) running Mojave 10.14.6. It doesn't detect anything - so it's not just confined to Windows. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

NonHumanHominid, does nothing work? Or does output/audio work and just not the mic?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

My QC35 only works as headphones on Win10, not a headset. I think a firmware upgrade to the QC35 broke this a long time ago. I'm thinking about upgrading to the 700 to resolve this, but was disappointed to find this thread. I want to use a Bose product as a headSET where for example I can listen to music on Spotify AND use it for phone calls through MS Teams, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Skype, etc. where it USES the Bose mic, and not my laptop mic. It seems Bose works great for phones, but seems to not do a great job for business and laptops...

The other annoyance I have with my QC35 is that if I'm on a phone call on my laptop (e.g. MS Teams/GTM) and I receive a call on my phone which is also connected to QC35, the laptop audio drops and I miss out on what people are saying on Teams/GTM. Does the 700 resolve this? I know not this thread, but I thought the active users here may know. Thanks!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

So I've done a little testing.  Headset and mic worked in Zoom on Windows 10 and possibly in Chime although I haven't attended many meetings.  Strange that it doesn't recognize the mic natively in Windows 10 though for things like voice recordings etc.  I'd think that would be a pre-req for working with other applications.   But otherwise possibly working.  I'll report back as I test and attend meetings in other systems. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Which bluetooth USB dongle will work? Is it just any that is at 5.0 or are there other requirements? Thanks

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

I may have to try the dongle option.  I noticed another strange issue with the Bose 700 HC.  While on a Chime call about every 15 minutes it drops audio on the call so I have to reconnect.  I tried a cheapo USB headset and don't have the issue.  I tried turning off bluetooth on my phone (which the 700's are also paired with) to make sure it wasn't flipping between devices and I still experience the issue.