Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working

From my experience definitely do not upgrade to Bose 700 if you want to use them with anything other than a smart phone. There is clearly a MASSIVE problem with blue tooth connectivity. If you do get them working then 2 minutes later they wont be - and every time you go to connect the head phones you will have a different problem.

Well done Bose for taking a great working QC35II and taking a step backward...

For reference I have Microsoft Surface - my current challenge is to see whether i can use microphone while plugged in as I have given up on bluetooth ever working.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Hi everyone

Same issue here, I was so happy with my QC25 until they died... Then I went for the 700 after reading sound quality during business calls was so great. My computer won't recognize the microphone neither via bluetooth nor the 3.5 mm minijack. I don't feel we customers are receiving great support on this specific issue.

For reference, I have a HP ZBook running Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

I have a USB V4.0 Dongle and have the same issue. If I select the headphone as a Mic I can hear more external noise through the earphones, but Windows and Google Hangouts does not recognise the Mic
I have ordered a USB V5.0 Dongle and will try that and advise from there

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Appreciate you letting us know how the 5.0 dongle goes. It is obvious Bose has no interest in helping solve this problem. 

Anyone had luck getting support from Bose outside of the forums? I never like emailing up the management chain, but am considering it. First Bose product and will think twice about buying from them again. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Inserted the USB5.0 Dongle

Recognised right away by Windows 10, so I didn't install any software

Had to repair the Headphones (which took about 4 attempts, same as when I did it with the other dongle - very annoying)

Now the Headphones appear in the Recording section, but while I am clicked on that tab, there is an extremely loud and horrible cracking noise played through the headphones. As soon as I click another tab, such as playback, it stops.

RecordingRecording

And you can see that the headphones appear twice in the Playback

PlaybackPlayback

So the problem is not fixed, just different.

Yesterday the PC registered the Mic in the sound bar on the Recording tab. Today it doesn't. I also checked on here - https://www.podcastinsights.com/online-mic-test/
It does not work.

This issue needs fixing. A £5 plug in Mic will do a better job.

Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 18, 2020

I'm having the same issue. Firmware v1.3.1 on a Surface Laptop (1st gen), using Microsoft Teams. 

It really sounds like a firmware bug... would love to see a fix! Would also love to know if the bug has been confirmed and if a fix is in the works, even if the ETA of the fix is unknown. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Which usb5.0 dongle did you try? Maybe Bose would step up and say why it didn't work. Likely not.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

It was this from eBay UK - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293382583970

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Thanks. It isn't clear which profile that dongle supports. The site does imply it supports VoIP tho. Perhaps Bose support will join the discussion and help figure out whether it is the dongle, some windows config, or the headset.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Summary of the subject :

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Roundup-Threads-on-Noise-Cancelling-NC-700-He...

-> No answer / solution from bose

-> By Bose