Re: Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working
What a nightmare, i spent 5 hours installing, uninstalling, upgrading drivers, reading forums after the Bose Music app started an upgrade in the background and killed the connection to Windows 10. Bose Music app also stopped showing anything in the Sources button whereas it worked before the attempted firmware update to 1.8.2.
Thank you your solution worked for me!
I have a Dell 7447 laptop with Intel AC 3160 WiFi Bluetooth 22.214.171.124 (even though i've updated to v17 and v22). I wanted to use the headset to take phone calls on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro and Zoom conference calls on my laptop. I want both devices connected with automatic switching to the first device that plays audio.
I was able to learn the headset in but it wouldn't play any sounds and didn't appear in my Audio Devices list (Windows key - type Manage Sound Devices).
The steps i did:
- Right click Windows icon, Device Manager
- Expand Bluetooth, right click "Bose NC 700 HP" and uninstalled it
- Right click anywhere, click "Scan for Hardware Changes"
- Right click "Bose NC 700 HP", click Properties, Driver
- Now showing Manufacturer Microsoft, driver 10.0.19041.488 21/06/2006 (thanks
- Right click Bluetooth icon in tray, click "Add a Bluetooth Device"
- Select the existing "Bose NC 700" icon which was my previous attempted pairing of the headset
- Click Remove device
- Hold on/off/bluetooth button on headset for 1 second
- Click Add Bluetooth device
- Click Bluetooth
- Waited for the "Bose NC 700 HP" to appear with the headphone icon, not the "LE-Bose NC 700 HP" which is an icon with two rectangles and doesnt work.
- Bluetooth window now shows ""Bose NC 700 HP" with headphone icon and the text "Connected voice, music"
- Two bluetooth devices correctly paired now with Windows - "Bose NC 700 HP" and "Bose NC 700 HP Avrcp Transport" should appear in Device Manager. One is for music, and one is for phone calls with mic.
- YouTube and Zoom work now.
Hope this helps someone. What a complete waste of time. Not happy the app tried to do a firmware update in the background on a perfectly working headset. Windows updates also could have contributed to this.