Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working

Hi, I confirm that I am having the same issue with a ThinkPad T480s running Windows 10. Microphone working on phone and audio working on laptop but not mic.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hallo,

I have the same issue of passing the audio signal from the Bose mic to the PC. The PC does not have bluetooth. I tried with audio cable and I found in another thread that Bose NC 700 does not pass the mic signal through the 2.5mm jack. This is almost offensive for those Bose clients, like me, that invested such a prize for this device!

In addition, I cannot find any thread where the specs for a bluetooth dongle are provided, in order to pair the PC with the Bose NC 700. I mean, whatever dongle bluetooth 5.0 is fine, or should I consider other specifications? Please advice, possibly a specific dongle that you also tested, because I would be very disappointed to discover that Bose NC 700 cannot even be connected to a PC using a BT dongle!

Thank you.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Same issue -- Dell Latitude 7490.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Same issue with HP Z240 and Bluetooth dongle...

And my Dell XPS13...

CAn't even record a video using the Bose NC700 mic.... - It's one of the main reason I bought them 😞

Very disappointing Bose

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Re: 700: issues with PC connectivity and microphone usage

Same issue with HP Z240 and Bluetooth dongle.

And my Dell XPS13.

Can't even record a video using the Bose NC700 mic. It's one of the main reason I bought them.

😞

Very disappointing Bose

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

700: issues with PC connectivity and microphone usage

Dear Bose,

Exactly same findings here on 2 Dell laptops (E6540 and E7450) and MS Surface Pro 4.

I am really very dissapointed with my first ever Bose as I purchased the headset mainly for voip/video calls - Skype, Zoom, MS Teams.

Can you please let us all know whether we can expect a solution for this shortly or not (and if yes - when) because if this cannot be solved I will need to return it and get one that does work with a Windows 10 pc... 

Best regards,

Leander Meulmeester

The Netherlands

Highlighted

Hello Leander, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues using your headphones with your two Windows laptops. From what you have described, it would appear the Bluetooth chip in your computers do not feature the correct Bluetooth pairing profiles (particularly HSP (headset profile) and (HFP - handsfree profile) for VOIP calls.

I would recommend using a Bluetooth USB dongle that supports these formats to enable you to use your headphones. While I am unable to make any recommendations, I would encourage other users of the Community to point you in the right direction. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Wha. You say its supported, but cannot tell us which USB dongle will work. Why don't your test engineers take a few minutes and try some out? Am I just supposed to order a bunch with those profiles and test them myself. And then post my results so your support teams don't have to do the job they are supposed to do? 

If it was a cheap $50 headset, I could understand. But these are expensive headsets and I would hope support would be commensurate with the expense.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Dear Jeff,

can you please at least tell us whether the Bose NC 700 can be connected to the laptop/PC via a trrs cable (4 poles), in order to get the mic and speakers working together?

Thanks,

Giuseppe

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Bose team, can one of your engineers possibly work directly with one of us to get a root cause/solution for this issue?  So far it seems like a lot of people have this problem and a valid solution has not been proposed.  I work in IT and would be happy to troubleshoot with your engineers if desired.  It is a severe limitation if we cannot use the 700's with most computers integrated bluetooth.  Documentation for the headset said Bluetooth v5 but very few Bluetooth v5 dongles exist.  Many of us spent a lot of money to get this headset it seems like some of us would be willing to purchase a dongle if we knew for sure it would resolve the issue but no dongle has been suggested in the forums to 100% resolve the issue.  Please advise!

Giuseppe from reading other threads there is no hard wire cable to get the headsphones working with mic support.  The cables will only pass through the audio/output.  From other comments I've seen from support they didn't design them to support this.