Leander
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Re: 700: issues with PC connectivity and microphone usage

Ok so my experiences, for what it's worth.

I grabbed a USB dongle and so far it works with my private laptops:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Bluetooth-Receiver-Controllers-UB400/dp/B07V1SZCY6

It's only Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth 5.0 dongles are still hard to find.

I disabled the onboard Bluetooth stack in Device Manager, restarted and plugged in the dongle.

Creating my BT connections through the dongle the Bose 700 was recognized as a Headset and I was able to use it's mic in Skype. So it is possible.

Then again on my company laptop I am not allowed access to Device Manager so at the office this is still not gonna work.

Bose if you know this issue exists why didn't you -for all this money- include a working dongle, like Jabra or Plantronics do, to help out your business customers ???

Leander

The Netherlands

sharadm
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2019

Bose,

I'm facing same issue. Any solution should come as an update to the firmware of this headphone. I'll hate to return it if dongle is the solution.

If your team is working on the solution let us know the ETA.

SM

mnbv
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Same issue Dell XPS ...

JoDaq
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working

Dear Bose experts,

do you mind to answer to my request concerning the specific usb dongle to buy to get the mic signal through the laptop?

In addition, can you please clarify whether the cable connection between laptop and Bose 700 headphones definitely cannot pass the mic signal? or is it just a matter to buy a proper cable? if so, which cable?

Thanks

Hello JoDaq, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The cable provided with the headphones does not feature a microphone input. Please be aware that all microphone features of the headphones are disabled when a cable is connected. Bluetooth is needed for microphone functionality. That being said, if you were to use a QC25 audio cable that features an in-line microphone, you would be able to use it with your NC700 headphones.

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Krishna indukuri
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

I have a windows Surface laptop With latest windows 10 . QC 700 Microphone is not detected and there is no output detected by the laptop. One spends $400 on this only to find it does not work with windows laptop. It is sad to see so many posts and no resolution.

Lucho
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Hello,

Same problem, mic not working on my laptop.

My conf: DELL Latitude 5590 / windows 10 / NC 700 connected by bluetooth.

I have a QC35 and the mic is working in the strictly same configuration and bluetooth connection.

I bought the NC 700 because on the QC35 I had problem during business skype call (people on the line were hearing my colleagues working next to me), and I've read that the new mic system of the NC 700 was solving that problem.

But in fact the NC700 headphones are just good to put to rubbish because of this (incredible) problem.

I don't understand how can it be possible to release a product (with a very high price by the way) and not making this simple user test case.

I hope Bose experts / engineers are working on this subject and provide a solution to customers as quickly as they can.

Cheers,

Lucho
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Hi,

below what worked for me after this config on the "bose music" android app :

bose 700 config.png

My windows 10 bluetooth:

bose 700 config windows 10 bluetooth.png

My W10 sound settings:

bose 700 config windows 10.png

With that the mic is working, but not working very good: on a skype conversation I've got a notification like "your device seems to be the factor of the a poor audio quality".

Still waiting for a good, stable, efficient solution to have clear business call with my NC 700 / laptop/ W10.

THanks,

Jelane
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Jeff,

I received these headphones for Christmas and was very excited to use them for my VOIP calls. Nope. Not working just like all the other people posting here. I came to this forum looking for a solution. But based on all the messages being posted here, the microphone will not work. My husband spent $400 on this headset and the microphone will not work with a windows laptop. It would be nice for you to admit how completely unacceptable that is. It would also be nice if you could share what, if anything, your team is doing to fix this situation.

Regards,

Jelane

skola28
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

UPDATE:

I recently received a firmware update through the Bose app on my Android phone.

Previous Firmware: 1.2.11.1894.55bc538

New Firmware:       1.3.2028.de73ce1

This has fixed my mic connection issues; I now get mic input from my Bose headset, via bluetooth, to my Windows 10 Laptop.

HOWEVER:  There are issues with the Bose headset (or possibly Windows as well) switching between the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile, and the Stereo Profile.  For instance, whenever you connect the headset, if you DO NOT have a communications application open, Windows will activate the Bluetooth Stereo profile, and the sound is decent.  As long as you stop any and all sound playing applications/tabs/webpages, when you start a communications application, Windows/Bose will switch nicely to the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile, and the mic works.  You can audibly hear the quality degrade when this happens as the Hands-Free Profile doesn't do music well.

If you are playing music/video/audio when you try to start/connect a Communications Application, Windows/Bose will try to switch but fails, and you cannot use the mic.  Bose/Windows continues to use the Stereo Profile.  Additionally, trying to access the "Recording Devices" or "Playback Devices" windows often will hang (not open/change).  At this point, you must disconnect the headset by switching off Bluetooth on the PC.  Stop all Audio playback on the PC, and then turn Bluetooth back on.  Bose will reconnect, and activate the Hands-free Profile.  Mic will work again.  Feel free to start music again (but it will sound bad, b/c it will be using the Hands-free Profile).

I'm still investigating if turning off "Exclusive mode" on the Bluetooth devices will solve this issue, but I haven't had time yet to run that down.