Lucho
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Paired Windows Laptop Mic Not Working

FYI I've just bought a Plantronics voyager 8200 UC. It just works perfectly with skype.

sambouwer
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2020

Hopefully my solution can be reproduced by others (apologies for the long message):

TL;DR: Uninstall Intel bluetooth drivers for the communication device and let Windows install its default drivers. Then turn off bluetooth on all devices your Bose headphones are connected to and then connect with your Win10 laptop. Once connected, turn on bluetooth on other devices and connect with those.

Long version:

First of all, it seems that the Bose HP700 headphones can only be connected as an input device to one device only. It will connect as input to the device it first connects to after powering on. So if you connect to your phone first, you won't be able to connect your headphones to your laptop as input device, but as headphones/output only. Solution here: turn off the device that grabbed the HP700 as input (in my case it was my work laptop that had the headphones connected as headset/input device) and reconnect to the headphones from the device you need it as input on (in my case my personal laptop).

Secondly, on my work laptop the headphones did work as input device, and by comparing the bluetooth drivers I found out that my Dell XPS15 (with Intel Wireless AC9260 instead of the default Killer WiFi) had installed Intel drivers for my Bose headphones. Unfortunately I did not make a screenshot of the exact version so I cannot share that information. My work laptop used the default Windows drivers, so to make that match I uninstalled the bluetooth driver for the communication device (not the headphones driver) in the device manager. Then scan for delevices and let Windows install its own default bluetooth driver.

So if you make sure you have the default Windows driver for the communication device and make sure you connect with the device on which you need the mic input it should work on Win10. 

cellar_door44
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Bose 700 Headphones Audio problems when PC paired

I used the trouble shooting tips I found on previous topics to get my new 700 NC headphones to connect to my PC using bluetooth. However, my audio connection is inconsistent. Every other second the sound will cut out completely before crackling back in, only to disappear again. I ran my troubleshooter and it didn't change the audio. My Bose App keeps saying that bluetooth is required, but I am clearly connected? I'm not sure what to do at this point. I want to use it for listening to music while working on my PC and for gaming. Thanks in advance for any help!

Fredblabla
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Audio problems when PC paired

I have the same problem and I am very disappointed compare to the price of the product.

MavXD
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I have the exact same problem with a Surface Book 2. Come on Bose Support, help us out here or at least give us an update.

shrines
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

Same problem exists on Dell Latitude E5570.

Why have we not heard from Bose technical team on this?  It's been a topic on the forum for more than three months!

NeoLok
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Microsoft teams on Windows 10 doesn't show Bose as option for Mic. 

It does show option as Speaker and it works.

I connected it via cable (headphone jack) then I was able to use BOSE-700 as Mic&Speaker.

Bose, please make it compatible with Windows Bluetooth drivers. 

User-cc050
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Has anyone been able to get the Bose 700 microphone and speaker working with a windows PC (wired connection)? I'd love bluetooth to work but at this point, I'd be happy if I could use my Bose 700's to work for web meetings.

TJW888
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Hi Jessie O,

Are you guys doing anything about this? I have to say this is the single worst purchase I have ever made. I've sat quietly and watched as more and more complaints are being made and you guys are SILENT - when will this be fixed or should we just take the back for a refund - it's out of the normal refund time but I want my $600 back so I can buy a decent set of headphones that actually do what they say they will do.

Thanks

Terry

User-cc050
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Unfortunately, the Bose customer service department is closed due to Covid-19. I tried calling this evening.