Re: Bose 700 Headphones Audio problems when PC paired

New popup when Bluetooth device added:

rfeng_1-1586072886220.png

rfeng
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Well, apparently now I can post images...weird.

rfeng

rfeng
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I should also add:

1.  Never had a Bluetooth headset working with the PC

2. Bought a BlueParrot B350-XT headset along with the Insignia USB-Bluetooth adapter and it synced, but headphones only worked, no mic (worked great and easily when synced with my Apple iPhone X - called my wife to verify)

3. Next tried my existing (old) Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones, thinking Bose - should work!  No dice.  The fact that the new BlueParrot headset and Bose mic didn't work but the headphones did told me it's a Windows thing

4. After reinstalling the USB-Bluetooth adapter driver, Bose works (will confirm BlueParrot works next)

REI
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

I've tried as well to connect it to win 10 as Headphones and the MIC doesn't work . It will work only if you set them as HEADSET . That way the sound and the mic will both work . Although the sound is very poor when connected as a headset

Jack John
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2020

Jeff_G from Bose, can you please give us an update as I see you are back online replying to threads on other Bose products or are we just going to be left hanging?

Boterick
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Great that you found a solution that works for you. I would be interested to know what sound quality you have when using the mic; is it full stereo, or only "communications" mode?

skola28
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Boterick, mic only works when using the Hands-Free Bluetooth profile. If Windows is connected to both profiles (Stereo and Hands-free) the Bose headset will use a constant L"In" process to determine which profile to play sound from. This switch will cause you to lose audio from one profile while the other is active. Recommend disabling the profile you do not wish to actively be using to avoid Windows trying to send sound to both, and causing the Bose headset to constantly swap.

neta1o
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

So this issue has changed a bit since I first started troubleshooting it.  As of now the mic/headset works fine in Amazon Chime but not in Google Hangouts only the headset works, no mic.  Yes I verified the audio input settings in Hangouts.  Curious if anyone else is making progress troubleshooting.  Note: Windows 10 computer using integrated Bluetooth. 

agalie
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Hi All,

I am trying to connect my Bose 700 to my Windows. With cable, I can hear fine but mic does not work. With bluethooth, I can connect the headphone to the PC, but then, I cannot select the headphone as the one to be used (only Conexant ISSD audio appears as an option - can't upload screen shot). The mic works well with bluetooth on the phone.

I see this thread here...what has worked in the end?!

best