almorrison
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

Re: 700: issues with PC connectivity and microphone usage

Hello, 

I bought these to use with my work (Windows 10) PC for calls via: Avaya, Microsoft Teams etc. 

Really frustrating - it doesn't work as a headset, the microphone is not picking up audio. 

Attempted the below with no luck: 

- Plugged in via audio jack (as had done previously/ successfully with old Apple headphones).

- Pair/ unpair repeatedly from Bluetooth. 

- Ensuring no other devices are connected to the headset. 

- Toggling between "Hands-free" & "Stereo". The later had better audio quality; neither works with microphone. 

I do not have administrative access to change drivers etc on my work PC and wouldn't have expected to have to. Ideally I would like to fix it myself without asking for IT support from work, looking at this forum it seems to be a known issue. 

Does anyone have any ideas? If I bought a 3.5mm > Bluetooth receiver might that bypass all the hassle and give me the 'plug and play' headset I hoped for?

Thank you!

Yos
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Headphones Audio problems when PC paired

Hi all, I connected my Bose headphones to my laptop (win10) via bluetooth and mic wasn't working. Long story short, with the headphones connected via bluetooth to the laptop, search 'sound settings' in your start menu search box and change 'input' to Bose on the drop down. Mic kicked in immediately. Hope this helps at least one person as I made an account just to post this lol.

Take care

cormiersa
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2020

I am having similar problems. I already disabled the head phone profile. Tried to call using Skype and Messenger. They both do the same thing. I keep the Sound link open with the recording tab open to see mic input. The mic works for a few seconds ~15 and then it stops. restarting the application works sometimes but not others. Does BOSE have a fix or do they care? I dont see much input from them here.

pg38
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

Same thing here. mike works for a few seconds when it work as I join Skype/Teams meetings then I can hear others talking but they don't hear me

Win10 Pro / HP Elitebokk 850 G6

really frustrating from a big company and the headset is not cheap

BigMischka
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2020

NC 700 reporting as two separate devices on Windows

On my Windows machines, my NC 700 reports as two separate audio devices:

BigMischka_0-1593089619604.png

On VOIP Software (Teamspeak, Teams, etc), it's NOT possible to set the Stereo device as the output device while also setting the Bose as the microphone input. It only lets me use it for both input and output if I choose the "Hands-Free Audio" version.

And the quality of that is pretty terrible (no wonder, at "Tape Recorder Quality")...

BigMischka_1-1593089702761.png

Called Support and they told me this definitely wasn't normal/intended and I should send my device in for a possible replacement.

Is this is an issue with, perhaps, bluetooth bandwith not supporting stereo output while also processing microphone input or is my unit really bugged?

Pratyusha1306
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

This helped me! I was able to navigate to sound settings , the Bose headphones were already selected as my default headphones but they had been muted by the system. I was able to click on Troubleshoot and then the system unmuted my device even though I couldn't find a control to unmute it from the laptop. 

Super helpful! Thanks! 

Syed Muhammad Qasim
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

Audio flickering on NC700

Hi,

Yesterday, I bought NC 700 headphones, if my headset is connected to PC & Phone, the audio drops a lot. (Sort of flickering). However if i remove the bluetooth connection from Bose music app in the phone, the problem stops. 

I have also checked the software, it is fully updated. Please help if this could be solved. My first experience with Bose didn't go well.

Connection with Phone is also sometimes tricky.

I am using Samsung S9+ and Dell Precision 5540.

LenovoPCUserinNorcal
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

Bluetooth dongle

after much frustration with the native bluetooth and time reading this forum, I bought this BT dongle on Amazon for 15 dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089Q8KX98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seems to work for me now, I am relieved that my $300+ investment is finally working as expected and I can take my work calls, and attend to my virtual school learning kinder, and do household chores without any wires!!! HORRAY!

I am not affiliated with MPOW in anyway but have had good experienced with their products so that's the brand I decided to go with.

Ivan Verdezoto
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2020

Re: Bluetooth dongle

Hi,

I think I will follow the same Bluetooth 5.0 dongle approach for laptop use. I am curious to know how are the quality of your conference calls from the laptop/PC regarding noise cancellation features: you hearing external noise and other people hearing external noise from the microphone from your surroundings while on a call.

Thanks.

zackofthejungle
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

Re: 700: issues with PC connectivity and microphone usage

Hi, 

I am seeing this problem around all the time. I really want to buy the NC700 to use for work (Teams, Zoom), but afraid. My work laptop has bluetooth 5.1 (Dell Precision). 

Shall I buy the NC700 or is it a dead end?