Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

700 with PC softphone use

I work from home and use Shoretel softphone for work calls (Windows 10 on Lenovo Thinkpad) - I bought the 700s based on the improved call reviews and I love how comfortable they are and sound quality is awesome imo. I can hear callers clearly but when I have done test calls, I am told that my voice sounds very distorted and warbled and there is a lot of crackling. I am assuming the softphone is causing this issue as calls via iphone are perfectly clear for me and for the other person, but I really have to be able to use with softphone. I love this headset and don't want to return, but I bought them specifically for work use. I have looked into maybe trying a bluetooth amplifier or dongle- has anyone else tried this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Re: 700 with PC softphone use

Author Accepted Answer selected by misskris89

I am wondering the same thing. When I use my Bose 700's in a regular webex, calling from my computer, the quality is excellent. But when I dial into the same webex through my Avaya One-X agent and a VCC Desktop for call center operations, I can't get it to work. I have tried a wired connection usb to headphone jack adapter but to no avail. My Cisco wired headphones work fine. 

I am thinking it has something to due with the softphone hardware on the computer that is compressing the signal etc... I hope someone has a solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by misskris89

I am wondering the same thing. When I use my Bose 700's in a regular webex, calling from my computer, the quality is excellent. But when I dial into the same webex through my Avaya One-X agent and a VCC Desktop for call center operations, I can't get it to work. I have tried a wired connection usb to headphone jack adapter but to no avail. My Cisco wired headphones work fine. 

I am thinking it has something to due with the softphone hardware on the computer that is compressing the signal etc... I hope someone has a solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

I ended up ordering the inline mic/remote from Bose to use when my connection isn't working well - I am not sure why but I have had fewer issues with the distortion lately. I hate that I can't get the bluetooth to work consistently through softphone but the cord seems to be the best fix I have come across