ksprashu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

700NC - Noise Cancellation doesn't work when used wired

I am unable to hear anything when connected to the headphone via audio cable. 

In fact this was working very well until very recently. 

The headphones works well in bluetooth mode, NC works well, and I can even control the intensity of the NC. However the moment I plug in the audio cable, the bluetooth turn off as expected, the NC stays on, however I cannot hear anything from the device connected to the other end of the cable.

If I turn the NC off (by turning off power) then I am able to hear the audio coming in from the cable.

As I said this was actually working fine and then one fine day it just stopped working. This is too bad, NC not working when in wired mode is just not acceptable. 

I can look past the app issues, the iOS issues etc, but this one is such a basic functionality and I am very disappointed that this is not working.

Are others facing this issue as well? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 700NC - Noise Cancellation doesn't work when used wired

Hello ksprashu, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the cabled connection of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

I would firstly suggest performing a reset of your headphones. Instruction on how to do this can be found below. 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Resetting the headphones doesn’t clear settings or connected devices.

Note: A second reboot may be necessary if the headphones appear unresponsive after the first one.

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com

Please let us know if this shows any sign of improvements. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

ksprashu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this didn't work. I reset the device 2-3 times but I still cannot hear any audio when NC is ON and the connection is Wired. The second I turn off the NC, the audio streams right back in.

Is there any confirmation that the device did reset? I just plug it in while holding the power button - the blue light turns on and quickly off and then I un-press after 2 secs. There is no other indicator. 

Hello ksprashu, 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this issue you're facing. Unfortunately there is no confirmation of the headphone reset at this time. 

What I would recommend at this point, is that you reach out to your regions Bose product support team for further assistance with this matter. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be more than happy to assist you with this matter further. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

ksprashu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Quick update on this topic for those who might be facing an issue.

Multiple resets, I drained the battery completely, clearing headphone pairing and setting it up again with the app all didn't work at all.

Finally, on a whim, I just decided to try swiping up on the volume controls and it worked!! I got my sound back. Probably one of the updates reset the volume levels.

What is deceiving is that none of the other controls work in wired mode, but looks like headphone volume can still be controlled. 🙂

So try this one out.