Highlighted
OSU53
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

AE2 Soundlink Headphones - No Bluetooth Audio Right Ear

Two days ago my AE2 Soundlink headphones stopped playing audio in the right ear when using Bluetooth. If I connect the cord to the headphones, both ears work. Seems to be an issue with Bluetooth. Tried to unpair headphones from phone and issue persists even if not connected to any devices. Please assist and let me know if you need more details. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: AE2 Soundlink Headphones - No Bluetooth Audio Right Ear

Hi OSU53, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you aren't getting any audio in your AE2's when connected via Bluetooth and would love to look into this further for you today. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones by: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

As well as clearing the pairing list for the headphones by: 

• Power on your product
  • Simultaneously press and hold the Multifunction and Volume – buttons for 10 seconds until a tone is heard.

Please also remove the connection from your device to ensure that the connection is fully cleared. I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

OSU53
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 18, 2019

Hector... I tried plugging the headphones into an outlet via the USB cord and resetting the headphones by pressing the designated buttons simultaneously, but it did not work. I did not hear the tone no matter what combination of the three buttons I held down (tried multiple times). I was still only getting Bluetooth audio out of the left and not the right. I also made sure that my phone was not longer paired. What are the next steps I can try?

Hi OSU53, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am sorry to hear that this issue still persists. 

As we have attempted all recommended troubleshooting that I would suggest for an issue like this and the issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am deeply sorry that this isn't something we were able to resolve for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B