miggyunabia.md
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

AE2 Soundlink no sound on right side while connected to Bluetooth

But if I connect it to the AUX wire, it works perfectly. Right side is totally okay if connected to an aux wire. But while on bluetooth mode, no sound can be heard on the right side. Yesterday it was working fine both for bluetooth and aux wire.

Updated firmware via btu.bose update to 2.5.3. Still not working. Followed the stupidly oversimplified troubleshooting suggestions on the website, still not working.

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: AE2 Soundlink no sound on right side while connected to Bluetooth

First you may want to let people here know what you are connected to.  One some devices like laptops and desktops, for example, there are two very different devices - a stereo renderer and a headset (HFP).  The later would be used by applications that are phone based (i.e., 'voice over ip' or voip).  Voip is a low audio quality mono audio stream and on some devices that mono sound will come out of a single speaker like you hear in your car on a phone conversation.  Headset device are specific to Bluetooth.

After updating firmware on a Bose device, if things start getting 'strange', I find it best (I do not work for Bose) to reinitialize the Bose device totally and remove all the device from the computer or smart device on the other end and start from scratch.

miggyunabia.md
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

I connected the headset both to a laptop computer and on an android phone AND an apple phone. I tested the AE2 soundlink via aux cable, and it works PERFECTLY. However, when I connect it via bluetooth, there is no sound on the right for ALL devices I connect it to.

I have also "reinitialized" the Bose device in all of my devices, and have "restarted" the bose device itself via the Bose website's AE2 Soundlink troubleshooting page, but still nothing works.

So in that regard, I have exhausted every possible way of troubleshooting this device in multiple platforms using a standardized method and the results have all been the same: connecting the AE2 Soubdlink via AUX wire works FINE, but connecting via bluetooth makes the right stereo deaf.

Thanks for your feedback though.

Hi Miggyunabia.md, 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your SoundLink Around Ear II headphones. If you are experiencing this issue with all of the devices we would recommend you refer to the Bose support team in your location. Before doing this, however, there have been numerous firmware updates issued throughout the duration of sale for this product, so if you haven't already, please try updating the headphones to the latest version to ensure all potential bugs have been removed. 

Kind regards

Jeff G

Bose Community Support

miggyunabia.md
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

As stated earlier, I am updated to the current software but the problem still persists.

Okay. I'll just give it back to bose. Just so you know, I've bren having problems with my soundsport too. Starting to doubt Bose's headset quality. 😞
MichaelPanayiotou
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

I have exactly the same problem and by doing an Internet search I see other people with exactly the same issue. I saw in other threads that possibly the problem is with the Bluetooth module in the headphones and the suggestion is to sent them back.

I bought the headphones from a UK airport. I am leaving in Cyprus which has no official Bose support company.

Where can I sent the headphones to be fixed?

Highlighted

Hello MichaelPnayiotou, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Around Ear II headphones.

As advised above, if you haven't already, please ensure you:

1. Unpair the headphones and establish a new connection. To clear the device list on your headphones, hold the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds. On your smartphone/media device, go to Bluetooth settings, locate the headphones, then remove them from the list. Establish a new connection by selecting the headphones when they reappear on the list. 

2. Test the headphones with other devices if you haven't already - check to see if the issue persists across multiple devices.

3. Make sure the headphones are up to date. Updates can be made here.

If the issue continues to persist, please reach out to support in your country. Support for Bose in Cyprus can be found here.

I hope this helps, and if anyone else is having similar issues, please follow the same instructions. If you are unsure if there is Bose support in your country, search the web for "Bose [your country name]" or head to our Worldwide Bose Websites page. As always, if you have anything you wish to add to this discussion, please feel free!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G