Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

AE2 microphone stopped working

I got my first pair of Bose, Around Ear headphones last week. I used them all day while working, taking calls on my phone, video chats with my team, etc. Two days later, I tried to use them again, and no one could hear me. I've tested across all possible platforms (phone calls, slack, google hangouts, zoom, etc.) and I'm extremely faint at best, but more often entirely inaudible. I'm not sure if there's a setting I need to change, or if the microphone broke after one use. Any suggestions to try out before I return under warranty?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: AE2 microphone stopped working

Hi @racheljw,

That sounds very odd to happen, especially after just one use!

Are you sure there's nothing covering the microphone when you're using the headphones?

If you haven't already, I'd advise ensuring your product firmware is up to date by visiting HERE. Let me know after what you find and if you notice your microphone improved!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Re: AE2 microphone stopped working

Ok, I will give this a try. Though, it sound likes this a common problem? If this doesn't work is the solution to just return this pair and getting a new one?