Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

AE2w after update sound interruption.

AE2w was updated recently. Besides I couldn't update the software using my MacBook Pro, had to borrow Windows laptop. So, I updated it successfully, but after connecting it to my iPhone or MacBook pro I get sound interruption every 10-15 seconds. Sound just disappear and appear in a second or two. It works well through the cable though. Did anybody have the same issue? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: AE2w after update sound interruption.

Author Accepted Answer selected by vitanoll

Hello vitanoll,

Thank you for testing this and I am sorry that it has not helped.

Have you been able to connect a different device, besides the Macbook, simultaneously with your iPhone? 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Can I roll back to the previous version of the software were everything worked properly? 

Highlighted

Hello vitanoll, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

It's certainly strange that you are experiencing this problem after a recent update and I'd like to apologize for that. Rolling back software is not something that is possible but I'd be happy to run through some troubleshooting options with you to see if we can stop this from happening. 

I just want to confirm that by AE2w, you mean the SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones II?

If yes, I would recommend resetting the headphones by following these steps:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

Also, I would suggest clearing the Bluetooth list by sliding the Power switch up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared. Then, remove the headphones from your phone and your computer's Bluetooth device list. Re-establish the connection and check for dropouts.

If you are referring to a different set of headphones, please let me know!

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

The Bose® AE2w headphones' built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery delivers up to 8 hours listening time per charge, and charging is easy.
Highlighted

Hi vitanoll, 

Apologies for the confusion!

The reset process if actually the same as mentioned above. However to clear the pairing list, please power on the headphones and simultaneously press and hold the Multifunction and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds until a tone is heard. 

Get back to me once you have done this and let me know if there is an improvement.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Charlotte,

I went through both procedures. I connected the iPhone and it worked well. As soon as I connected macbook the problem returned. I disconnected one of the devices and the problem is gone. As far as I understand these headphones doesn’t ’t support two devices at once as my bose soundsport free. Am I correct?

Highlighted

Hi vitanoll, 

Thanks for getting back to me and testing this. 

You can connect two devices at once with the AE2w's. This headset was primarily designed for portable multimedia devices like cell phones and tablets. While it will connect and pair with most computer's via Bluetooth, there may be compatibility and stability issues. 

Could you please let me know which version of Mac OS X you are running?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Charlotte,

macOS Mojave version 10.14.6 (18G87) MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Highlighted

Hello vitanoll, 

Thank you for getting back to me.

Mac OSX users can adjust the bitrate of audio played via Bluetooth. Increasing this bitrate can improve the sound quality of audio heard from the computer via Bluetooth.

You may be able to improve the quality of your Bluetooth connection by following these steps:

1. Open Finder
  2. Double-click "Applications"
  3. Double-click "Utilities"
  4. Double-click on the "Terminal" icon and a new window will open with the title "Terminal - bash - 80x24"
  5. Type the following into the Terminal window, all on one line, including the quotes (Case sensitive):

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Apple Bitpool Min (editable)" 48
  6. Press return
  7. Quit the Terminal application
  8. Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Example of Terminal:

terminal.gif

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Hello Charlotte,

I did as you advised. But still, have the same issue when two devices are connected. As soon as I disconnect one of two it works perfectly.Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.28.09 PM.png