Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

ANC 700 Headphones Silver Color Discoloration

I've been using my ANC headphones since June 2019 and love the product. But, over time I've noticed that my headphone band is starting to discolor (especially the part that holds the ear cups).

Also, the discoloration is not consistent between the LH and RH side. The LH side has discolored way more than the RH side.

My use of the product is indoors. I use them at work, so it mainly under the white fluorescent light. Don't workout with these, or use them daily. About 9 hours weekly.

20191026_085606 (1).jpg20191102_105237.jpg20191102_105248.jpg20191102_105302.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ANC 700 Headphones Silver Color Discoloration

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello aalinkil, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I am very sorry to see that you are experiencing some discoloration in your headset. 

For support regarding this, please reach out to your local support team for further assistance. To contact your local support please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be happy to get this resolved for you. 

If you have any further questions please let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello aalinkil, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community regarding your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I am very sorry to see that you are experiencing some discoloration in your headset. 

For support regarding this, please reach out to your local support team for further assistance. To contact your local support please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be happy to get this resolved for you. 

If you have any further questions please let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hello I am having the same exact problem. I have only had my headphones for a few months and they are discolored. I bought my headphones from the states but I am currently working out of the country. How could you assist me with replacing or repairing my headphones? 

Thank you,

Sara 

Highlighted

Hi Sara, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

We'd love to help get your issue resolved! To do this, we encourage you to reach out to the team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to contact us. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2020

I have also had the same issue with headphones less that 6 months old, contacted customer support and they said its a wear and tear issue and there is nothing that can be done other than spend another £350.

Not good enough.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

I clicked the provided link and tried to get some form of assistance. But the web interface is so poorly designed that it keeps taking me in loops asking me to enter my serial number, then typing up the actual issue (which is the discoloration), and finally informing me that there is no online assistance available but provides a link to the contact us page which asks me to enter my serial number again.

This experience has been incredibly frustrating. Is there any way for me to get in touch with a rep and have this addressed right away?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

My NC 700 Headphones Silver started to change its color

My friends bought and brought the new model Bose NC 700 from Houston to me in Thailand, and I rarely used this headphones, but Last week while I picked it up from the case I saw that the lower piece of left head band has changed its color to be gold, this is not what I expect from my new headphones for sure. 

20200224_154447.jpg20200224_154508.jpg1582533837354.jpg1582533840211.jpg1582533843924.jpg

And I saw the post in this commuinity about the issue of discolour in NC 700 Silver too, the problems is my headphones was bought in Houston and I am now in Thailand as my country. I also reported this issue to Assavasopon, official distributor in Thailand and i think they gonna send this issue to Bose USA. And I also came in to ask that was anyone faced the same issue as me, color changed in the lower post? and how BOSE response to this issue?

Kawin P.

[ Edited by moderator ] 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: My NC 700 Headphones Silver started to change its color

Good day,

I bought my silver headphones last year around October. I bought them from Amazon in London, but I live in South Africa.

They are discoloring so badly and it is just getting worse. Its almost completely yellow.

I only wear them inside.

I have sent an email to the customer support on the website, but have not received any response.

How do I take this further? Is it possible to get an exchange for the black pair rather as they don't seem to have issues?

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Danielle

Highlighted

Hello Danielle, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community today! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing some discoloring with your headset and would love to assist you further. 

This is definitely not something you should be experiencing.

Can you please let us know if you contact Bose UK or your regional support team? Please note that it may take a little longer to hear back from the team due to current world events, so if they haven't responded instantly we appreciate your patience. 

When you hear back from the team they will be able to provide you with all service options for your headset. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Thanks for your quick response Hector_B.

I have contacted the local team via this email address: paul@sound-systems.co.za.

Can you confirm that this is the correct email address for Cape Town in South Africa? I found it on the Bose website, but it was a bit of a struggle so I am not sure if this is the correct contact.

Thanks!

Regards,

Danielle