Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

ATTN NC700 users! Using your cans with a computer? Having issues…? Please post here!

Right, I am starting this thread to collate all issues those of us attempting to use our NC700s with our computers are having. Could you please answer the following questions? If enough of us do so, perhaps Bose might actually take note and do something about it! 

1. What type of computer are you attempting to use your headphones with…? Desktop or laptop…?
  2. What type is it…? PC or Mac…?
  3. What is your computer's operating system…? 
  4. Is your computer up-to-date…? i.e. is it running your OS's latest version…? If not, what version are you running…?
  5. Are you having issues connecting your headphones to your computer…? If yes, please describe the problem in detail
  6. Further to 5, how are you attempting to connect - via your computer's settings/system preferences, or another way…? 
  7. Do you experience frequent sound dropouts/cutouts…? Does the sound stutter…? 
  8. Further to 7, are you listening to audio you have stored on your computer, and/or are you streaming…?
  9. Further to 8, do the issues occur with local audio, streamed audio - or both…? 
  10. Have you ever experienced bursts of static whilst using your headphones…? 
  11. If the answer to 10 is "yes", do they occur when listening locally, whilst streaming - or both…?
  12. Do you use your headphones with streaming TV services on your computer (e.g. iPlayer or Netflix)…? Do you have problems with delay (i.e. does what you're hearing not sync with what you're watching)…? If you download the content to your computer, do you still experience issues (if you're having any)…?
  13. [edited by a moderator]
  14. Oh, just for the record, what country are you in…? 
  15. Is there anything else you wish Bose to know about your setup that isn't covered by the other questions…?

Thank you for taking the time to complete this hastily cobbled together questionnaire. Perhaps you could answer the questions in another colour, to make the answers stand out. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Re: ATTN NC700 users! Using your cans with a computer? Having issues…? Please post here!

Apparently according to Bose, serial numbers count as "personal information" - I don't see how as they're unique to each set. This sounds to me very much like Bose attempting to dodge the issue. Okay, if we're to get anywhere, we'll have to do it their way to avoid this post being removed/censored.

Bose, what are the salient parts of a serial number…? You claim you wish to help resolve these issues, but you won't allow the posting of full serials. Okay, what are the relevant parts…? I'm trying to help you here! 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: ATTN NC700 users! Using your cans with a computer? Having issues…? Please post here!

Hello s.j.balfour,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your headphones. As you have posted in multiple threads, please note that I have responded to you on this thread.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that serial numbers are confidential information and posting your serial number on the Community goes against our guidelines which you can find here.

Many thanks

Anne S

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!