ATTN NC700 users! Using your cans with a computer? Having issues…? Please post here!
Right, I am starting this thread to collate all issues those of us attempting to use our NC700s with our computers are having. Could you please answer the following questions? If enough of us do so, perhaps Bose might actually take note and do something about it!
- What type of computer are you attempting to use your headphones with…? Desktop or laptop…?
- What type is it…? PC or Mac…?
- What is your computer's operating system…?
- Is your computer up-to-date…? i.e. is it running your OS's latest version…? If not, what version are you running…?
- Are you having issues connecting your headphones to your computer…? If yes, please describe the problem in detail
- Further to 5, how are you attempting to connect - via your computer's settings/system preferences, or another way…?
- Do you experience frequent sound dropouts/cutouts…? Does the sound stutter…?
- Further to 7, are you listening to audio you have stored on your computer, and/or are you streaming…?
- Further to 8, do the issues occur with local audio, streamed audio - or both…?
- Have you ever experienced bursts of static whilst using your headphones…?
- If the answer to 10 is "yes", do they occur when listening locally, whilst streaming - or both…?
- Do you use your headphones with streaming TV services on your computer (e.g. iPlayer or Netflix)…? Do you have problems with delay (i.e. does what you're hearing not sync with what you're watching)…? If you download the content to your computer, do you still experience issues (if you're having any)…?
- [edited by a moderator]
- Oh, just for the record, what country are you in…?
- Is there anything else you wish Bose to know about your setup that isn't covered by the other questions…?
Thank you for taking the time to complete this hastily cobbled together questionnaire. Perhaps you could answer the questions in another colour, to make the answers stand out.