Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

After Bose Music 3.1.6 update on iOS, the app doesn't reconnect NC 700 headphones

I found that the newly deployed Bose Music app 3.1.6 version for iOS doesn't reconnect the NC 700 headphones even if turned on after turning it off. It tries to search the headphone, but it says, "Connection to the product has been lost" "Not Available," even the headphones are correctly connected and plays the sound. I tried to refresh by pull down. But I've failed. 

But interestingly, I found that in the high odds, the headphones are correctly displayed when I force quit and re-execute the app('high odds' means that it may require few more restarts to work correctly, time to time). 

I tried the steps below to troubleshoot, but the only foreseeable solution I've found so far is force-quit and re-open the app. 

• Unpair and Re-pair from the device
  • Clearing the pairing list from the headphones
  • Reset All network settings from the iPhone. 
  • Uninstall and Reinstall the Bose Music application
  • Remove and Re-adding the headphones from Bose Account. 
  • Reset the headphones. 
  • Turn off and on iPhone 
  • (UPDATE) I checked the latest headphone firmware via visiting btu.bose.com 

While I would kill the application every time I need to use the app is a possible and most feasible solution by far, but it is also a very dumb solution, and I think this issue should be addressed in the next release. I use an Android phone as a secondary device. It has no problem with the connection like in the iOS version of the app. 

For your information, I used iOS 13.3.1 on iPhone 11 Pro Max.  

UPDATE: I've tested on iPad Pro(9.7"), The iPad never connected to the headphone before, and the app wasn't installed before neither. The app behaves the same as the iPhone, and the force-restart of the app works. 

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted

Re: After Bose Music 3.1.6 update on iOS, the app doesn't reconnect NC 700 headphones

Hi Hansoll,

Thank you for posting. I would be happy to help with this.

It sounds like you have done a lot of great troubleshooting already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. All of the troubleshooting you have done already is really useful for any app or connection issue.

It certainly is interesting that this seems to be limited to your IOS devices and force closing the app will fix it.

As you have already performed the troubleshooting we would recommend for this, please can you get in touch with your local support team, so we can look into this further with you. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Re: After Bose Music 3.1.6 update on iOS, the app doesn't reconnect NC 700 headphones

Hello, Thank you for your reply. 

I'm living outside the United States, and the local distributor of Bose products has almost zero knowledge about the technical issues (especially Bluetooth and application). I have no confidence whether just replacing headphones is solving the problem. Since I am living 30 miles away from the nearest Bose store, I want to keep visiting the store and get a replacement for headphones as a last resort. 

Instead of suspect the headphones itself. I think the application has an issue. I have a problem while running the Bose Music app on another iPhone, which just completed All settings reset. So it isn't the problem of the iPhone or iPhone's settings. I have almost no issue with the Android phone. If headphones are faulty, they shouldn't respond to both platforms., and I believe this issue is relatively fresh, and coincidently you've released the new version. So I strongly suggest you investigate the iOS application.

Highlighted

Hi Hansoll,

Thank you for the extra information.

I have done some investigating and I have been unable to replicate your issue with any IOS device or pair of headphones that I have tested. As such, it would lead me to believe the next step you would want to take is to look a replacement for the headphones.

I do appreciate you are not close to a store, but in many countries, it is possible to organize a replacement through your local support team without having to go to the store. You can find the contact information for your local team at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Thank you for your investigation! Without your help, I wouldn't have confidence. 

Just take the last effort before getting a replacement. I want to confirm the resetting headphones procedure, because I've never seen 'blinking blue light' when press and hold the power button while I put a USB cable. I know this is not so relevant, but I want to eliminate all the factor which hindering the troubleshooting process. 

Again, I appreciate your assistance! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

It is a little awkward situation, I made a factory reset of previously used iPhone X and made a test. The Bose Music app and the headphones seem to work fine.  I'll be trying to reset processes after making a backup of the phone I'm currently using, and keep posted how it goes. (Actually, the headphone has not had well with the phone since I bought it last month, it has a glitch when I trying to using a playback control, and Apple support suggested resetting phone as a possible solution) 

Thank you for your attention, always! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Hmm. Besides, the testing iPhone is working correctly without re-launching the app. The other iPhone still has an issue even though I have a factory reset of the iPhone(I tried it before restoring from the backup, and after confirming that there's no difference, I am recovering from backup now). Interestingly, all the phones logged into Bose ID displays whether the headphones are charging, including the troubled iPhone. 

UPDATE: I checked the version of 'working' iPhone's Bose Music app. As I guessed, it was not the latest version(3.0.0). In this version, all function is working as it should. I thank you for testing various devices. However In my opinion, I have to tell you that, at least in my situation, the new version has a problem and is a problem. 

Highlighted

Hi Hansoll,

Thank you for the extra information and for also investigating this further.

You have done a lot of helpful troubleshooting and research on this so thank you for doing so and letting us know. I would still recommend looking at replacing the headphones, or at least testing another pair of headphones on your devices, as the next troubleshooting step. 

It is always possible that there is something happening with your particular set of headphones that is causing the newer version of the app, or your newer phone to have trouble connecting. It would definitely be helpful to rule this out completely, especially as this is something we have not been able to replicate here. 

I do appreciate this is something you were trying to avoid due to the location of your nearest store, but if you reach out to your local support team they will definitely be able to help you with this as well. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I'll visit the nearest local store on Friday afternoon(Thursday night in U.S. Eastern Time), and make the test connection to the store's device with my headphones, and trying to connect the store's headphones into my phone. I'll report how things happened. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

I'm sorry. I planned to make a visit to the store Friday local time(Thursday in EST), I wasn't able to do because my mother I taken care of got sick. I'll plan to visit no later than next week. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for understanding.