Highlighted

Re: After Bose Music 3.1.6 update on iOS, the app doesn't reconnect NC 700 headphones

Hi Hansoll,

As we have released a new update for the Bose Music app, version 3.2.1 on iOS. I just wanted to check back in with you and see if anything has changed with this latest update?

If you haven't already, please can you go to the app store and get the latest update installed and give this a test. It would be great to know whether this has fixed the issue for you!

Let me know how you get on, so I can feed this back to our development team!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Re: After Bose Music 3.1.6 update on iOS, the app doesn't reconnect NC 700 headphones

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, I tried several power-on and-off cycles. However, the app recognized headphones only once without force-restart the application. The error message "Connection to the product has been lost." is displayed, and the app still stuck at "Not Available" on the device list.

I reinstalled the app, repaired the headphones. I'm in the troubleshooting process with hope the situation gets better. In my opinion, 3.1.6 version of the app has almost no glitch on pairing the device, but in this version, I stuck two times when the app asking for press and hold the power button, I followed instruction, but the app won't proceed(but, somehow I made it to pairing it by go back to the previous step and retry)

My tentative conclusion is there're no visible changes. Even though I need more tests, and it limited my equipment and headphones(but I hope you won't ask for another travel to Seki HE). 

Highlighted

That's fine Hansoll, thank you for trying that and letting me know how you got on.

Keep me updated on how the troubleshooting goes with this, but it is worrying to hear you are having a few other issues with this version as well. Out of interest, I know you mentioned having a few iOS devices previously, is this the same on all of them again?

Don't worry I won't ask you to go travelling again! As we know the same thing was happening with multiple headphones previously, it is unlikely to have changed as the update was just for the app. 

I'll pass this information back up to our development team again, so they know what the situation is.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

I just tried to pair and tried the same things on the other iOS device, and the result is mainly unchanged, which is disappointing. The solace is I have a relatively smooth pairing process while I try the second device. If you have anything I could try to solve the issue, please don't hesitate to tell me. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the update Hansoll.

It is disappointing that this latest version fo the app is still having the same issue. I don't have any other steps to try at this time, but I have passed your update on to our team so they can continue to look into this for you. As soon as I do have an update or any other steps to try I'll be sure to let you know!

Thank you again for your help with getting this sorted!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Hello. Today I've installed the 3.2.2 version and tested for a while.

It seems to the developers are tackling the issue. However, unfortunately, I can't say this release solved the problem, or at least not entirely addressed the issue. Although, I can say that the possibility of connecting without restart the app is improved than the previous version. I've never seen automatically connecting to the headphones before this update. But It's still not always working intended as previously, or just simply works by opening the app. I still need the restart.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

1. Kudos to Hansoll for doing such a thorough job testing. I can verify that I have the same problem. I've tested the app on at least 3 different iOS devices, one of which was a fresh install, and it has the same problem. I don't know exactly which version number it started happening on, but I can verify that when I first purchased my headphones (late summer 2019) this wasn't an issue, so that's another data point that an app update is what caused the problem.

2. I think it is ridiculous that (a) bugs like this get released in Bose's software to begin with and (b) this is taking so long to get fixed.

I use the NC700 with iOS devices almost exclusively, and it's pretty frustrating to have to restart the app each time I turn the headphones on and off if I want to adjust something, change paired devices, etc. Moreover, when I purchased the headphones (last year), this was not an issue, and at this point I'm not eligible for a refund, but I think I'm pretty justified in asking for one, since Bose's new software degrades the experience of using my headphones... does anyone know how to go about doing that?

These headphones are (as many many other people on this forum have said) an embarrassment of a product, especially given their price point. As someone who has bought Bose products (headphones and other speakers) for a few decades now, it's sad to see this kind of junk when Amar conditioned us to expect such reliably great products in the past.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Dear Randall, 

I hope you stay well under an overwhelming situation worldwide. I fully understand your frustration, and I'm relieved I'm not the only person who has the issue. I also very distressed when something it usually worked well is broken, and the solution does not come as fast as expected. I've received two or three updates but not completely solved the issue. 

But I do think the Bose products in 2020 are somewhat different when late Dr. Bose passed, I used Bose Noise-canceling headphones since 2009, it was QC15. It worked with 1 AAA battery, and the only function is to turn it on and off. NC700 headphones have tons of features and technology underneath to achieve the level that you enjoy every day. During my troubleshooting session, I surprised how Bose engineers did sophisticate jobs, not just another Bluetooth device, to connect and make communication with the connected device(s). 

I also deeply regret the situation is not sorted well soon, and all the COVID-19 things happening now. I'm just waiting for things to get sorted. 

Stay Safe Everyone! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Dear Keith and Team Bose,

I hope you are coping well with the unprecedented events with COVID-19. I wish you and your family's safety. Honestly, I surprised there were updates during these consequences. I want to thank you for working on the issue. 

That issue, I mean, is still existing. After a few weeks after the release of the new software, I have tested with taking time(as you guessed, we are full of empty time). It connects automatically without any restart or user intervention when it turned off and on after a few hours interval(for example, after making a charge, or leave it off and sleep), but not when short turning on-and-off cycle. I need to kill the app and restart the app manually. 

Anyway, We made progress! I want to thank you and Bose team for such development, and I think we are not apart from the goal. Let's get left things done. 

Stay safe. Your health and well-being are one of my concerns. 

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thank you for posting your updates and experiences!

@Hansoll, thank you for letting us know how things are going with the latest update. I'm glad you are seeing improvements, even if it is not quite there yet.

I'll pass this information along to the development team so they know how this is going.

@RandallStephens, Thank you for providing your feedback as well. Have you noticed any changes since the latest update as Hansoll has? It would be useful to know if this has changed anything for you as well.