Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Alexa Keeps Getting Disconnected (NC 700)

Alexa refuses to connect now. It keeps telling me to open the Alexa app, but that does nothing as well. Trying to repair Alexa using the Bose Music app ends in failure as well. It started with my first pair, and now, the second replacement pair has the same **bleep** problem. The only time Alexa worked was when I first got the headphones. 

I have already performed all the troubleshooting steps on the Bose Support website, and that used to work. Not anymore. Even if it somehow manages to get connected, it stops working after a day or two. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Alexa Keeps Getting Disconnected (NC 700)

Hi Alexei, 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry that you are having issues with the Alexa feature on your headphones. 

We would love to help get this resolved for you, we appreciate you already looking into some troubleshooting. 

Do you get any particular error messages at all that we can reference?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

I took  a screenshot of the error message. Device: Sony Xperia 1

Screenshot_20200213-154614.png

Highlighted

Hi Alexei,

Thank you for letting us know that.

Just to confirm, the troubleshooting you have been trying so far, has it been the information on our support pager HERE?

If you have tried all the troubleshooting there, then there are a few other things that you can check. 

On the Alexa app, if you go to Devices > All Devices, do your headphones show up on this list? If they do and are still not responding, it would be a good idea to remove them from this list and then start the setup process for Alexa again.

If you are still having trouble after doing this, the next thing to do would be to reset your headphones. You can do this by:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones.
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on.
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice.
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

It would also be a good idea to double-check your headphones are fully up to date using the Device Updater on a computer.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

None of these steps worked, but today, I randomly got a notification from Alexa after an update asking me to enable it on the headphones, and it got re-enabled only for it to disconnect Alexa when the headphones turn off and the phone turns off. The process has to be repeated all the time and it does not even successfully link at times. This is probably a firmware issue that requires fixing. Even the Google Assistant has the same problem, to lesser degree.

Highlighted

HelloAlexei Drekker, 

Thanks for getting back to us.   

I am so sorry you are continuing to have this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headphones. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there.