SomeGuyOverThere
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2021

Another pair of QC35 II Hissing in the left ear.

I had a pair of QC35 which were recently replaced by BOSE due to occasional hissing in the left ear cup, a pair arrived and the same issue developed with these within a month. This hiss can disappear for days or a week and then just re-appear. Reading around, this seems to be an officially unacknowledged - known issue with these.

I requested service on the 5th of march to have these replaced again and haven't had any follow up since.

I've used Bose products for years but they seem to lacking the quality control they once had and I am seriously disappointed now and I am considering cutting my losses and looking elsewhere for good quality over-ear ANC phones which I can depend on day to day.

Bose product name QC35 II

Country UK

Firmware Version Latest

App Version Latest

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on 

all

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

4 REPLIES 4
Charlotte_G

Re: Another pair of QC35 II Hissing in the left ear.

Hey, thanks for posting! 

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some hissing in the left earcup of your QC35 II's. 

Have you tested the headphones when connected to an alternative device, and via the AUX cable?

As you've not heard back regarding the service arrangement, please reach out to the UK support team here.

For those users outside of the UK requiring service, please contact local support by going to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@SomeGuyOverThere(I do not work for Bose)

Let Bose know if the hissing occurs with the ANC on or off or both.  If it is with the ANC, it could be related to a particular version of firmware.  It is also possible to be related to how the left cup goes over your ear.  Then it would also be a good idea to test with a wired solution and from another device.  You would to eliminating the possibility that the hissing you hear is generated by the sending entity and not generated by the QC35 itself.

I can tell you from my vantage point, I have had three QC35ii's and have not experienced your problem wired or BT.  Though I have to say, that I did hear a year a so back, some annoying hissing with the ANC on, but a firmware update made it go away.

SomeGuyOverThere
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2021

Thanks for your reply, It does not matter if I use bluetooth or plugged in, nor what I connect it too and the issue is temperamental and I cannot reproduce it at will.

I will try the UK team.

SomeGuyOverThere
Participant
Registered since

Mar 27, 2021

Thanks for your reply, it doesn't seem to matter which version of firmware. Upgrades or downgrade don't seem to matter. This seems like a HW issue to me. This is my second pair of QC35 and I also briefly owned a pair of 700's which had a similar issue.