Highlighted
hmiski
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 16, 2019

Answering phone calls with Bose QC 35 II while connected to two bluetooth devices

I've found that I sometimes cannot answer phone calls on my Bose QC35II headphones and I suspect it is because I am connected to two bluetooth devices. Specifically, when I am connected to my laptop and cell phone, my headphones don't pick up on an incoming call when I push the Multi-function button even though it is registering that I am getting a call. Do I need to be only connected to my phone to be able to pick up? Thanks in advance for your time!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Answering phone calls with Bose QC 35 II while connected to two bluetooth devices

Hey Hmiski, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your QC35 II headphones. As I own a pair of these, I can confirm that you should be able to answer a call, even if you are connected to your laptop. 

Let's try some troubleshooting to see if we can get the headphones functioning correctly. 

1. Make sure that there are no VoIP programs open on your computer that your headphones could be connecting to. 
  2. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  3. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on. 
  4. Clear the Bluetooth connections from the headphones. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. You will hear the words 'Bluetooth device list cleared'. 
  5. Unpair and remove the headphones from both your computer and your phone's pairing list. 
  6. Repair the headphones and try again.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support