MusicLover37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Apple lossless audio codec Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II

Hello there.I would like to know if I can listen to music in Apple Lossless format via bluetooth, or will there be interference and delays?

13 REPLIES 13
Sam_F

Re: Apple lossless audio codec Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II

Hey MusicLover37,

I hope you're enjoying your QC35 II headphones so far! In regards to your query, the Bluetooth codecs for these headphones are AAC and SBC. There shouldn't interference when listening to your music, and you have a wireless Bluetooth range of 33ft to use between your headphones and your device. If you're having any difficulties or issues, or have any other queries, please let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MusicLover37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Hello!

Did I understand you correctly, I cannot listen to lossless music via Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones, right?  I am about apple lossless audio codec (ALAC)

Only aac and mp3 codec I can listen to?

Are there any differences in the aac audio codec that comes in Apple Music streaming service and the aac audio codec that I can convert from flac?

Vicky_W

It depends on the device you are using to stream this music? Can I please confirm what device it is you are running these music sharing platforms on?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MusicLover37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

iPhone 11Pro

Sam_F

Hey MusicLover37,

The QC35 II headphones have Bluetooth codecs AAC and SBC. The SBC codec supports 48kHz/16-bit audio files and bit rates up to 345kbps (realistically 256kbps). The AAC codec supports 44.1kHz/24-bit audio files and bit rates up to 320kbps. These codecs will allow you to stream your ALAC audio, although there may be losses in certain situations. The audio you choose to play will have requirements and certain codecs will fit these requirements more suitably.

I hope this information is helpful In regard to your streaming intentions. Let us know if you have any further queries regarding this.

MusicLover37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. What should be the bitrate for ALAC so that there are no problems and losses during playback? And please clarify the situations in which there may be losses.

Do I understand correctly that if you listen to music in ALAC codec via bluetooth, then there will be certain losses, and if you listen via cable, then there will be no losses?

MusicLover37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Do I understand correctly that if  listen to music in ALAC codec via bluetooth, then there will be certain losses, but if  listen to music via cable, then there will be no losses?

What should be the minimum bitrate for ALAC to avoid losses and problems?

Jessie_O

Hey @MusicLover37,

Thanks for coming back to us, I hope I can help you with your questions.

To make sure no audio information is lost, you'll want to make sure the ALAC source file has the same or a lower bit depth and bitrate than the Bluetooth codec being used. For SBC this is 48kHz/ 16-bit with bit rates up to 345kbps (realistically 256kbps), and for AAC this is 44.1kHz/ 24-bit audio files and bit rates up to 320kbps.  

If you were to use an audio cable, this does not guarantee that you will not have losses. Let me explain, the losses will depend on the digital audio converter (DAC) you have in the source device. This will be responsible for converting the digital signal into an analog signal in order to travel down the cable. However, as this is an analog signal, the bit rate will be the same as DAC and the headphones will not change anything.

Let me know if you have any further concerns.

MusicLover37
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Hello again.

In this case, my source device is an iPhone 11pro

And it is important for me to understand when i will be listen to music in the ALAC codec will there be losses?

I have a suspicion that you do not understand what ALAC codec is