Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 29, 2020

Are loud sounds bad for my noise cancelling? Bose 700's

Hi, sometimes I play guitar or piano with my Bose 700's on and because of the hard noise they noise cancellation lightly crackles. Will this have a bad effect on the Noise Cancellation, like will the sensors work worse over time because of this kind of use?

I'd love to hear back and thanks in advance.

The Executive

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Are loud sounds bad for my noise cancelling? Bose 700's

Hello The Executive, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

Our renowned noise-canceling technology is engineered to block out distractions, so you can enjoy your music with nothing in the way. This is completed using microphones built into your headphones. It continuously measures, compares and reacts to outside noise, then cancels it with the opposite signal. 

Can I please ask how you are using the headphones? Are you listening to the piano/guitar through the headphones, or using the headphones to muffle the noise of the instruments? Either way, this should be fine and should not damage your headphones.

I would also like to confirm if you can hear the crackling sound when you use your headphones just listening to music, or at different NC levels? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Re: Are loud sounds bad for my noise cancelling? Bose 700's

I have the exact same issue. Loud noises or environments makes the headphones crackle/distort. It’s very uncomfortable.