Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Around the house and on the range

I am looking to get noise cancelling headphones for while I am on the shooting range and also while I'm at home.  I was wondering if you have a product that accomplishes both?  Or if it is something that I will have to find to separate sets for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Around the house and on the range

Author Accepted Answer selected by DGC

Not sure there are any noise cancelling headphones that would suit a shooting range.  I know some military use versions of their professional ones for inside tanks etc, but I think that's more to do with the constant engine noise rather than shooting.

I think you're just better with hearing protection instead.  (there's also the issue there of wanting some sounds to cut through like people shouting warnings/instructions, so playing music to mask noises may not be the best thing)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Around the house and on the range

Author Accepted Answer selected by DGC

Not sure there are any noise cancelling headphones that would suit a shooting range.  I know some military use versions of their professional ones for inside tanks etc, but I think that's more to do with the constant engine noise rather than shooting.

I think you're just better with hearing protection instead.  (there's also the issue there of wanting some sounds to cut through like people shouting warnings/instructions, so playing music to mask noises may not be the best thing)

View solution in original post