Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eemg
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2021

Audio cable soundlink II headphones

Hi. I just received my Bose Soundlink Around-Ear wireless headphones II and so far everything is fine. I just have a couple of questions.

1) I noticed that the quality of the sound when I connect them to my Android phone via bluetooth is slightly worse than when I plug them directly into my phone using the audio cable. Is that normal?

2) I tested answering phone calls via bluetooth and everything is fine. However, when I answer any call with my bluetooth turned off and using the audio cable connected to the headphones and to the phone, I can clearly listen to the other person speaking but they cannot hear me. Is that normal? If it isn't, how can I fix this?

NOTE: My phone's microphone doesn't work. That's why I would like to receive calls using the headphones mic.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Audio cable soundlink II headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by eemg

I can't talk to point 1, however point 2 is correct.  The headphone mic only works with BT.  If you want to use this cabled for communication you will need to purchase a different cable (I think it would be the QC25 cable with in-line microphone and you get the choice of Apple/android cables).  This will then use the mic built into the cable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Audio cable soundlink II headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by eemg

I can't talk to point 1, however point 2 is correct.  The headphone mic only works with BT.  If you want to use this cabled for communication you will need to purchase a different cable (I think it would be the QC25 cable with in-line microphone and you get the choice of Apple/android cables).  This will then use the mic built into the cable.

View solution in original post