Abberan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Audio cuts out NCH700

Hi, i have a problem with my NCH700's where the noise cuts out if i have two types of audio sources playing at the same time then stop one of the sources. e.g. if i, on my laptop, play spotify and youtube and then stop the spotify song, the audio from the youtube video cuts out. If i start the spotify song again, i can hear the youtube video again. Weirdly, if i stop the youtube video i can still hear the spotify song. (This is while being connected via bluetooth)

This has happened on both my laptop and my android phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Abberan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Re: Audio cuts out NCH700

Author Accepted Answer selected by Abberan

Hi,

it seems the problem was with me, i had had a bit of trouble getting the bose music app to work, so i hadn't updated the firmware in a while it seems. I redownloaded the app and re-paired the headset to the app, and installed the latest update and now everything seems to work correctly, sorry about that.

Thank you for all the help.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Hi Abberan, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing when connected to more than one device on your NCH700. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing list. I have included a LINK HERE that should assist you. Once complete, delete the pairing on your source device and pair it again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Abberan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Thank you for the reply.

To clarify, this happens while only connected to one device, when two audio sources are active, e.g. youtube and spotify.

Clearing the bluetooth list seems to have fixed it on my phone, although i do not really remember how to reproduce the issue. On my laptop, the issue persists.

Highlighted

Hi Abberan, 

Thank you for clarifying! 

I'm glad to hear that the issue seems to have been prevented on your phone! 

I would suggest deleting the pairing on both the headset and your laptop then repairing to see if the issue persists. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Abberan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Thank you for the quick reply

I tried what you said, but the issue is still present on my laptop

Highlighted

Hi Abberan, 

Thank you for trying that and coming back to me!

I'm sorry it did not resolve your issue. This is certainly odd behavior. 

Which model of laptop are you using if you don't mind sharing?

Does it make any difference if you are listening to the app or through the browser?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Abberan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

I'm using an ASUS Zenbook UX430UN-PURE6X, my phone is a OnePlus 6t.

The audio does not cut out when both sources are in the browser.

It seems to have something to do with the stop and start feature that is built in to windows. If i play something locally and stop it while watching a youtube video i can't hear anything on my pc through my headphones anymore, like when i stop the spotify song.

When i disconnect my headphones everything works fine, meaning the problem lies with the headphones.

Highlighted

Hi Abberan, 

Thank you for coming back to me with this information, it is very helpful!

I will raise this with the development team to see if this has been seen before. However, as your headphones appear to be working correctly with your phone and in the browser of your laptop, it less likely to be an issue with the headphones. 

Try deleting the apps and reinstalling them and making sure you are running the most recent Bluetooth drivers on the laptop. 

In the meantime, if anyone else in the Community is experiencing the same issue, please chime in here. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Abberan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the error on my phone again, when playing audio through spotify, while watching a video on the app Clover (downloaded from GitHub), and stopping the spotify playback, the audio cuts out on the video like it does on my laptop. If i start a youtube playback afterwards the audio works fine again.

I also did a screen recording when trying to reproduce the issue, on the recording everything seems normal, the audio from the spotify song stops when i hit pause, and the audio from the video keeps going.

Highlighted
Abberan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Here are recordings of the issue.

Recorded locally on phone: (While headphones are connected)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvvWq7Qk3S0

(Note that the audio from the video keeps playing)

Recorded with another phone: (The sound is coming from the headphones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPQVw-jaJyc