rkkorgaonkar
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

Audio drop-out on SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II

While Bose headphone connected to my iPhone 11 via Bluetooth, audio drops in between during a call. It gets automatically back to normal. But this causes disruption for my calls.

Please let me know the solution to this problem urgently.

Regards

19 REPLIES 19
Keith_L

Re: Audio drop-out on SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II

Hi rkkorgaonkar!

Thank you for posting! Let's get your headphones up and running correctly on calls!

I do have a couple of questions to get a better idea of exactly what is happening with your headphones. 

As you have mentioned the audio drops during a call, is this the only time you see the audio dropping? Or does it happen at any other point when you are using them?

Have you had the headphones working on calls previously with this iPhone, or is this your first time trying to do this?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rkkorgaonkar
Participant
Registered since

Feb 28, 2020

I noticed this call drop issue since I started using it for phone call with my iPhone 11.

When I hear music on my iPad, I never came across this disconnection issue.

I appreciate your prompt response.

Regards

Raj

Keith_L

Thank you for the update Raj!

As you mentioned it doesn't happen when you are listening to music on your iPad, would you see the connection drop when listening to music on your iPhone at all?

The first thing I would recommend doing is clearing the pairing between your headphones and your iPhone. To do this on the headphones, you would want to slide the Power switch up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear notification. Once this has been done, forget the device on your iPhone and reconnect.

Let me know if this does the trick!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
User-SID
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

SoundLink AE2 disconnects often while on call

I bought Bose SoundLink AE2 headphones a few weeks ago. I love the sound quality but I am also using this to connect to conference call (due to the COVID-19 situation). While taking conference calls I get frequently disconnected for short time (~1-2 secs). This causes disturbance if I am talking on the call and otherwise as well. To address this, I am using the wire to connect my headphones to my PC. Is there any solution for this issue? I would love to use bluetooth instead of the wired connection.

User-SID
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Re: SoundLink AE2 disconnects often while on call

Any help on this please? I am absolutely not able to use my headphones on Bluetooth connection for of the conference calls.

User-SID
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Just to clarify, I am referring to call taken from my Laptop using my AE2 headphones. Awaiting for response. I am not able to use my headphones connected with Bluetooth to my laptop for taking conference call, which was one of the primary reasons I bought this.

Hector_B

Hey User-SID, 

Thanks for posting! Sorry to see that a member of our team hasn't got back to you sooner. 

Can you please let me know if this issue happens with all devices when making calls or just the Laptop? If you haven't tested any other devices can you please attempt this. 

I'd also like to know if you have attempted the troubleshooting listed in this thread so far? If not please do attempt these steps, as well as resetting the headset by following these instructions below: 

• Power off your product
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  • Wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  • Wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

User-SID
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Thank you for your reply. I will try the workaround and take some calls after that. I will update you after that.

User-SID
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

I tried the suggested steps but no help. Now, I am not able to hear any audio or use the microphone on the headphones. Just to add, I am using Microsoft Teams for the conference calls. Do you want me to check any settings in Teams?