Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 30, 2019

Availability of Bose 700 UC's bluetooth adapter?

Will the bluetooth usb adapter from the Bose 700 UC be available for separate purchase? I have the normal Bose 700 and want the flexibility of connecting to different devices by just moving the usb adapter. Maybe I can even use the adapter on phones via an OTG adapter. Hopefully this also prevents unexpected and unwanted connections to previous devices.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Re: Availability of Bose 700 UC's bluetooth adapter?

Great question. I also started a topic about that and it was merged to some old topic without an answer...

Highlighted

Hey badbob001,

Thanks for your questions. At this current time, we don't have any information on whether this will be something available.

As always, as soon as we have news on this towards the release of the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, we'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I'm shocked...

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

It is the era of the home office; COVID-19 has pressed many into a situation where good audio from Windows PCs and Macs is essential for video-teleconferencing and staying employed. The Bose wireless NC headphones, with awesome beam-forming mics should be a godsend.

Yet, on FW v1.3.1 the NC 700s have a terrible time living between worlds, dual-pared to a mobile device (to serve the app requirement if nothing else) and a Windows PC, for Skype, WebEx, Zoom, MS Teams, Hangouts, etc.

Now Bose Pro is offering, through the Pro channel, the new NC 700 UC model, complete with a pre-paired Bluetooth USB dongle. https://youtu.be/QjrHx_YibxQ

So, question: for those of us in the 'consumer' space (direct, Amazon, etc.), who bought the plain NC 700 model, will this magic problem-solving Bluetooth USB dongle be made available to us, or will the old models need to be returned and replaced with these more work-capable 'UC' models, whole?

The included Bose USB Link Bluetooth® module provides a reliable wireless connection, so you can quickly jump on calls and easily switch between audio source...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

Want to add my voice to this thread that I just bought the Bose NC700 for conference calls. It would really help to know if they'll be updating the current headsets with a simple added charge of the UC USB or will it require a brand new purchase?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Also want to know the answer to this. Just bought the Bose 700, with the intention of using it as advertised for conference calls etc, but so far everything I've read tells me that its a giant pain to actually set up properly. 

So want to know whether I should simply return the 700 and wait for release of the UC.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 24, 2020

I've talked to customer service and the USB dongle will be available for separate purchase.  There's even a listing for it on the pro site, although it's not available for order yet.  It talks about how it will work with the 700s, and not just as part of the UC set.

I've also heard they've just gotten FCC approval, so hopefully we see these released soon.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2020

I would like to confirm that Sennheiser BTD 800  works flawlessly and probably provides the experience that you will get from the upcoming Bose 700 UC dongle.

My current setup is the following:
 - Win 10 Laptop(Lenovo Thinkpad X1) for Team Calls
 - Mobile (Google Pixel) for Phone Call
 - Bose 700 headset connected to both devices

The most serious issue I had, before using the Sennheiser BTD800, was that if an incoming call was received on my mobile phone while I was on a MS
Team call (via my Laptop), the team call was interrupted. Now, I can confirm that this has been resolved and the multi-point functionality is near to perfection.

What makes this dongle different from other Bluetooth adapters (and probably this is what Bose will implement in their own) is that from the operating system perspective the dongle is seen as a sound card. The communication with the headset is handled completely by the dongle rather than the operating system. The operating system doesn't even know that there is a headset connected.

Here are some alternatives (that work in a similar way) that probably will provide similar experience:
 - Jabra Link 370: it is cheaper but I could not find in stock. This is a thread indicating that it works properly
 - Avanttree DG80 : It is going to be released soon. It seems that it works in a very similar way ( )

Some other notes:
 - Mute/Unmute now works for Microsoft Teams
 - The whole experience is plug and play meaning you just insert the dongle into the laptop and everything is up and running.