Apr 24, 2021

Avaya 9608G & QC 35 II's - I need help!

Product: QC 35 II's Rose Gold

Firmware: 4.8.1

App Version: 15.0

Related Hardware: Avaya 9608G IP Deskphone

https://support.avaya.com/products/P0553/9600-series-ip-deskphones/

Issue:

I work in EMS, I'm in the communications center for 12-18 hours per shift, dispatching ambulances, etc. It can be a very loud environment when emergencies are happening with the best coworkers. But I have changed shifts and am now sandwiched between people who regularly speak at a volume of  82db+.... really. I MEASURED. It's giving me constant headaches, ear aches and you know, constant rage. I've spoken to management, the employees themselves, etc. Moving seats isn't happening, moving shifts isn't happening and for now, they're not self correcting their volume. 

I am desperate, I NEED the noise cancelling feature. Is there ANY way I can connect to my desk phone via a Bluetooth adapter that will work with the QC 35 II's, or a wired solution so I can protect my ears at work. Right now, we do not use the Avaya One-X Agent that routes it thru the PC, but I may be able to convince management to give me that functionality singularly in the room (if that's possible) or is the only way to accomplish it. That's a long shot though (we tried launching it and it was full of bugs and was taken off line), I really need to connect to the phone directly as soon as possible. 

Every adapter I've found seems to be for other phone companies products. I don't have a choice in the phone at work - what do I need to buy here? If there's an adapter - great. If there isn't and I need a Frankenstein cable system of a bunch of different adapters, splitters and unicorn hairs or whatever I'm down. I am just totally at a loss for how to do this. 

Halp. Pls.

3 REPLIES 3
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Avaya 9608G & QC 35 II's - I need help!

@outfoxthefox(I do not work for Bose)

You may have already seen this and there is a 'warning' that it may not work since the Bose has a single audio (and not separate L&R channels), but it's a 'possibility'.

It claims compatibility with your phone.

Check out the reviews first.  Not all the various solutions may work.  You can try just plugging into one of the female connectors.  Or perhaps you can get one of the cords with mics on them designed for the QC25.  In fact, the QC25 itself with an Apple or Android builtin mic is probably a better solution if you can get on of them to work since you don't need Bluetooth.  If not, the reviews may give you an idea of some other noise cancelling headphone that purchasers were able to get to work.

And keep doing your googling.  I did a small amount and turned up with:

https://headsetplus.com/blog/best-headset-reviews-avaya-1600-9600-series-phones/

which suggested the Plantronics Savi 8200 as a compatible over ear headset with noise cancellation.

https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Savi-Wireless-Headset-System/dp/B07JYLGDSL/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&ke...

Jessie_O

Hey outfoxthefox,

Thanks for reaching out to us and for your interest in our noise cancellation products. 

To be honest, our products are not designed to be used in this way. However, if you purchase a 2.5mm to 3.5mm with a microphone, you should be able to use this wired directly into the phone, as long as your phone has a headphone jack. 

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Jessie_O 

Like you, this is not my 'area of expertise', but I am thinking that with this phone system, they have to start by connecting to an RJ11 connector - hence the one I found in my search on Amazon.

Agreed if there was audio mini-plug (female connector), a QC25 could be simply connected with a cord that has an on-board mic.