carlosrve
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

BH 700 go out of conversation mode on notification

Hi,

With the BH700 connected to my android phone, if I get a notification while in conversation mode, the headphones go to the previous NC setting. They do not start to play the music as if I press a button, but the noise cancelation setting does not stay in 0. This is very annoying because if I am having a conversation and I get a whatsapp or telegram message for example, I hear the quick notification sound and then I am taken out of the conversation. I have to press the NC button again to go into conversation mode.

I have a LG G7 ThinkQ phone up to date with android v8.0. My BH700 are also up to date with firmware v1.1.4.1144.be3bf4b.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: BH 700 go out of conversation mode on notification

Hello carlosrve,

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700's conversation mode.

Conversation mode is designed to disable after music has been detected. That being said, I have taken the opportunity to test the headphones with an iPhone, and was unable to replicate the issue, suggesting this may either be Android-specific, or device-specific. If possible, please test the headphones with another smartphone to see if the issue persists?

I'll look forward to hearing your response. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Ondene
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

I am having the exact same issue. I will be talking to someone in conversation mode, a notification comes in and then suddenly the world goes quiet and I need to be like "sorry, could you repeat that?"

For info, I have a Android Huawei p20. 

cfalcon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I have a similar problem on a Galaxy Note 10.  When another call comes in, and I ignore the new call, the people on the original call can no-longer hear me.

SayMoon
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2019

Any update on this, Moderators? 😉

goterps77
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Same issue for me as well.

Bose - if you're not going to properly support Android, then stop marketing your products as compatible with this OS.  Testing this with an iphone and telling us you aren't experiencing any issues is of no value.

carlosrve
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

The problem persists, and I think it is a design error in what you mention. Conversation mode should not stop when music or sound is detected.

Let me elaborate. If I go into conversation mode, I am talking to someone next to me. If any sound coming out from my device gets me out of conversation mode, then the probability of being silenced again during that conversation is high. Messages and mails come by hundreds or thousands as you know. Any app that makes a sound will get me out of conversation mode and it is very annoying because I cannot hear the person talking to me anymore. It is so annoying that it can render conversation mode unusable.

This happens with several Android phones I have tested, and with several laptops that I have tested, running windows 10 and linux. In every device the behaviour is the same:

1. You connect your device using bluetooth to the headphones.

2. You play music on the device.

3. You go into conversation mode with a long press on the ANC button. Music is paused.

4. Any sound coming out from the device will stop conversation mode, but music is not resumed. Only the ANC will return to previous value.

5. You have to do a long press again on the ANC button if you want to go into conversation mode again, or hit play on your device to start your music again if you are finished talking.

Note that if I go out of conversation mode using a button on the headphones, the ANC is returned to the previous value but the music is also resumed. The later does not happen with the notification sound issue.

I will not test it with an iPhone as I do not have one nor I have anyone close by with one. I can report the problem affects all Android, Windows 10 and Linux devices I have tested.