cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vvay2cool
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

BOSE 700 NC - Loud and deep "BONG" noise each time a sound transmission to the headphones end

Found the same issue on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/ibhmzp/error_noise_every_time_i_pause_or_a_song_switches/

Anytime a sound transmission ends the headphones emit a loud and deep "BONG" noise each time. Can be anything: pausing a song, a ping from Microsoft TEAMS, a warning sound from Windows. It makes keeping the headphones on unbearable. Been going on for at least 3 months.

Product: 

BOSE 700 NC

Devices: 

Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

Android on Samsung Phone

Firmware: 

Steps Taken:

Restarted headphones, un-paired and reconnected to phone and laptop, Updated firmware  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: BOSE 700 NC - Loud and deep "BONG" noise each time a sound transmission to the headpho

Author Accepted Answer selected by vvay2cool

Hi vvay2cool,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information!

The "headset" profile you are seeing is the one the headphones use when the microphone is active, whereas the "headphones" option is the standard stereo setting the headphones use when you are just listening to music. If the sound is like the call ending sound and only happens on the headset profile, it would suggest that something on the computer is unintentionally triggering a call ended message from the headphones.

If you want to disable the option to use the headset on your computer you can do this from the "devices and printers" section on your computer, by disabling the option to use the headphones for "handsfree telephony" as shown in the image below. Doing this will disable the ability to use the microphone with your computer, however.

W10 BT Profiles (1).JPG

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: BOSE 700 NC - Loud and deep "BONG" noise each time a sound transmission to the headphones end

Hi vvay2cool,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you have been doing some great troubleshooting with this already, so thank you for doing that and letting us know. un-pairing and reconnecting to your device is a great step to take!

So I can get the best idea of what exactly is happening with your headphones I do have a couple of questions for you. Does this noise happen when a sound transmission ends on both the computer and your phone?

Does this "bong" you are hearing sound like a Windows status noise, or like the notification sound the headphones give when disconnecting or reconnecting to a device?

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
vvay2cool
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Re: BOSE 700 NC - Loud and deep "BONG" noise each time a sound transmission to the headpho

Hi Keith, 

Answers below:

So I can get the best idea of what exactly is happening with your headphones I do have a couple of questions for you. Does this noise happen when a sound transmission ends on both the computer and your phone?

Did a re-test, its only when the transmission ends on the computer.

Does this "bong" you are hearing sound like a Windows status noise, or like the notification sound the headphones give when disconnecting or reconnecting to a device?

It is the sound of when a telephone call which is received via the headset ends. Also realized there are 2 outputs that show up under my sound mixer. Only the "Headset" makes noise, while "headphones" do not. However the under output sound settings only the "Headphones" output appears. 

What is the purpose of each? Anyway to remove the "Headset" to avoid having it on this setting?
 Bose Troubleshooting2.jpgBose Troubleshooting.jpg 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by vvay2cool

Hi vvay2cool,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information!

The "headset" profile you are seeing is the one the headphones use when the microphone is active, whereas the "headphones" option is the standard stereo setting the headphones use when you are just listening to music. If the sound is like the call ending sound and only happens on the headset profile, it would suggest that something on the computer is unintentionally triggering a call ended message from the headphones.

If you want to disable the option to use the headset on your computer you can do this from the "devices and printers" section on your computer, by disabling the option to use the headphones for "handsfree telephony" as shown in the image below. Doing this will disable the ability to use the microphone with your computer, however.

W10 BT Profiles (1).JPG

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post