Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

BOSE 700 NS headphones mutes speakers and mic

Hi,

I am using 700 NS headphones with Microsoft teams.

Usually, I go on mute when not speaking. However, when I mute myself in Teams I can't hear anything. (I am guessing  it mutes both speakers and mic)

in this case, I am connected to headphones using my windows laptop.

Could you help how I can mute the mic without muting the speakers?

thanks,

nkv

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: BOSE 700 NS headphones mutes speakers and mic

Hello NKV,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

This is certainly strange and not something that I can have yet come across. 

Have you had the chance to try any other services such as Skype to see if this problem is consistent?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I have the same issue as NKV here - whenever you hit the mute button the speaker announces "Muting..." and mutes all other audio during this time.  During video conferences where you're actively listening and don't want to disturb people this is extremely frustrating: I end up trying to time when people aren't talking to mute/unmute.

Please let me know if you need anymore info, it's really easy to reproduce, just hit the mute button while listening to something with the mic active.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 4, 2019

Hi Kevin,

you may try the following:

If you are using Windows Laptop, Right-click on the ikon🔈 right bottom of the screen then choose the option playback and then Make Headset a default option instead of Headphones.

it might solve the problem but the sound quality is much better in headphones mode.

Also, in headset mode, I hear random bass interruptions (but its better than the muting both mic and headphones)

Naren 

Highlighted

Hello KevinS, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Are you pressing the mute button within Microsoft teams, or are you using the voice assistant/mute button on the headphones?

If you try the button in the Teams app, does this help? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response.  I'm actually not using the Teams app but Google Meet: I'm pushing the mute button on the side of the headphones.  This is more convenient because it allows me to mute without keeping the window open.  Ideally the button would overlay "Muting..." on the audio without muting the audio which is being played.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Highlighted

Hello Kevin, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As far as I am aware, this integration isn't implemented in the product, but I'd be happy to forward it as a feature request. 

Can you kindly attempt to press the mute button in-app to see if you continue to have issues? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

I also bought the bose 700 headset because of the superb mic with the thought that  I would use it for work from my home office.  Please include this as a feature request. 

I see in this article that integration is coming.

https://mspoweruser.com/teams-bose-noise-cancelling-headphones-700/

Can you confirm that the consumer grade product I already bought will be also included?