orijeet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

BOSE 700 doesn't work with Macbook Pro & Iphone?

I have my 700 connected with my Iphone and that works totally great. The moment I connect it with my Macbook pro it stops working properly, the audio quality is very bad, the sound is muffled and breaks up. How do I fix this issue? Additionally, I have tried pressing the bluetooth button for 10 secs, it doesnt reset the device list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BOSE 700 doesn't work with Macbook Pro & Iphone?

Author Accepted Answer selected by orijeet

Hello orijeet,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your NCH 700 headphones. So which device is giving the bad audio when both the devices are connected? Could you tell me if the device that gives bad audio does this when connected to the headphones? Also, could you try clearing the Bluetooth pairing list and then test again to see if the issue still exists. 

Here is some troubleshooting for Apple devices that you or other community members might find useful https://apple.co/2Oj3xvX.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I look forward to hearing from you

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

8 REPLIES 8

Hello orijeet, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

There is no reason why this shouldn't work, but we would love to investigate this further. 

Can you kindly confirm: 

- Model of MacBook Pro

- Operating system version

- Troubleshooting attempted with the MacBook Pro

- Model of iPhone

- iOS version

- Troubleshooting attempted on the iPhone

- Confirm if you have updated the firmware of the headphones? If you haven't, please visit this link on your Mac.

If anyone else is having similar issues, or has any fixes they have discovered, please feel free to get involved in the thread!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

orijeet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Hi Jeff,

I updated the firmware just now, but it still doesnt work. Here are the details you requested for:

- Model of MacBook Pro - 2018

- Operating system version - Mojave 10.14.2

- Troubleshooting attempted with the MacBook Pro - Went through bluetooth settings and audio preferences, nothing helpful. Voice breaks and is muffled.

- Model of iPhone - Iphone X

- iOS version - 12.3.1

- Troubleshooting attempted on the iPhone - 

- Confirm if you have updated the firmware of the headphones? If you haven't, please visit this link on your Mac. - Yes, I have.

Author Accepted Answer selected by orijeet

Hello orijeet,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your NCH 700 headphones. So which device is giving the bad audio when both the devices are connected? Could you tell me if the device that gives bad audio does this when connected to the headphones? Also, could you try clearing the Bluetooth pairing list and then test again to see if the issue still exists. 

Here is some troubleshooting for Apple devices that you or other community members might find useful https://apple.co/2Oj3xvX.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

I look forward to hearing from you

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

orijeet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

The MACbook Pro has the bad audio irrespective of the Iphone being connected or not. 

orijeet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Actually the link you sent really helped. Turns out I had an app open which uses MIC as well. Hence the problem!

Thank you for your help. It has been resolved now.

Hello orijeet,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting me know that worked out for you, I am so glad! I also appreciate you marking the post as the solution as this helps other community users get to their solution quicker.

Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Not applicable
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Closing a video conference app that was open solved the issue for me, apparently even if I wasn't connected to a call there, some standby messed the headphones settings.

Highlighted
alblanc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2016

Headphones 700 + Windows 10 = Microphone not detected

I think in this case a picture worth more than a thousand words.

First all of all, I got a dual boot Mac OS/Windows. I must pair every single time I switch between the 2 OS (I am not saying that to complain, just because it might explain the bug)

Everything is working fine on MacOS, but when I am using Windows 10, I can't see the headphone in the Audio Input settings. 

Any idea ? 

Screenshot -> https://i.ibb.co/swr70fw/Capture.png