Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

BOSE 700 headphone : Sound drop in the WhatsApp call after some time of the call

I have Bose 700 headphones  currently firmware version is 1.3.1-2028+de73ce1 . recently i am facing the problem when i am over a WhatsApp call after few minutes it drops the call and other person can not able to hear me . i have to cut the call and establish the new call to continue and it happen again after some time . so just to make sure is it a known issue with the firmware or it is happening only with the device that i have also suggest me the way to handle this issue

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: BOSE 700 headphone : Sound drop in the WhatsApp call after some time of the call

Hello Anime_hitugaya,

Thanks for posting! Sorry to read that you are having some audio drop-outs during WhatsApp calls. 

I have a few questions, that I would like you to answer so that I can have a little more information on this: 

• Have you tested the headphones with any other devices to make calls? 
  • Does the issue happen across all call services or just WhatsApp? 
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted so far? 
  • Does it seem to always happen around the same time period? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Re: BOSE 700 headphone : Sound drop in the WhatsApp call after some time of the call

Same happens to me also with Cisco Webex and Skype calls. It is really frustrating when you have to disconnect or to wait 10-20 seconds, sometimes even more, to hear your counterparts again.

I am really disappointed with all the issues I have with these BOSE Headphones.

Don't ask me which laptop or phone I am using because I am not experiencing any issues with other wireless, bluetooth or wired headphones that I have, so please do something and justify the name BOSE in your products.

Kind Regards,

Bojan

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

hello team,

please find my answers inline

• Have you tested the headphones with any other devices to make calls? 
  • Ans- yes i have connected it to the other android phone device and still sees the same issue with it.
  • Does the issue happen across all call services or just WhatsApp? 
  • Ans - No, I have not tried with any other call service app , yes normal cellular call is OK.
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted so far? 
  • Answer : Mostly whenever it starts 'muting' itself i have to turnoff the video and turn it on . but it works half the time . I saw same issue continued or i ll hit it after some time.  
  • Does it seem to always happen around the same time period? 
  • Answer: No it is random and independent of any time period.
Highlighted

Thank you for your response! 

I would recommend going into the application and turning off the 'Auto Off'. This has been seen to show some improvement with some of our other headphones. It stops the headphones from thinking they need to go into 'Standby'. You can find this settings menu. 

Let me know how if goes! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2020

I’ve got the same problem. Bose Can you fix it please ? Auto off is off.

Firmware version: 1.7.0-10068+f3675e6

Highlighted

Hey sakfus,

Have you tried any troubleshooting so far to mend the issue you're experiencing? I'd recommend a reset, and also to clear the pairing history of headphones and your device, then re-connect. If possible, test the headphones with a different device for WhatsApp calls and let us know if you're noticing the issue persists!